1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with burning

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jkibagami, Apr 8, 2005.

1. jkibagami

jkibagami Member

Is there any specific settings I need to have in Decrypter to back up my games? I have a couple cd based games that work fine. Fight Night 2 works like a champ, but anything else I try to burn skips during movies and also my ps2 makes a bunch of clicking noises. I am using magic swap 3.3 and have went and bought some Verbatim MCC dvds and those Taiyo Yuden dvds and it is still doing it. I can't seem to get a backup that doesn't do that. Oh, and my playstation is a version 10 I think. I got it right before the slims came out. Any suggestions or help anyone can give me?

2. jkibagami

jkibagami Member

I have an idea on why I'm having problems. I am burning the iso to dvd at the slowest possible speed. When it reads the original copy though it is putting it on my computer at almost 14 to 16 times. Is there a why to slow down the read phase in nero or decrypter or does that make any difference at all?

3. jkibagami

jkibagami Member

bump- I'm still having problems with backing up my games and that clicking noise. It seems to do it only when first loading up, and then some games seem to take forever to load.

4. Yian

Yian Member

Dude are you using a flip top?
    I say this because I had the same clicking noise problem.
    Basically the flip top lid isn't actually pressed down hard enough, so the little white disc is dislodged and starts moving around freely (clicking)
    Try putting a bit of weight on the lid and try it out.

5. jkibagami

jkibagami Member

no, I have the version right before the flip top. I'm using the slide tool. I still have no clue why it makes those noises. I don't have any noises on the CD based games, just DVDs. Oh and I downloaded a game that I already backed up and the one I download is fine, but the one from the disc makes noises, that's why I think it's something on the reading end of things.