1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with buying a DVD Recorder

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by ECMoney, Apr 14, 2003.

1. ECMoney

ECMoney Member

Hey Everyone,
    I am about to buy a DVD Recorder but I would like some feedback first before I spend my money. I basically just want to buy a DVD Recorder that can record to DVD-R and/or DVD-RW. The main function that I want to do is record directly from TV to DVD-R/RW and also to hook up my VCR to the DVD Recorder and record some of my older VHS videos to DVD. I have been looking in the market and want some of your opinions of what is my best bet.
    I can buy a Panasonic DMR-E30 from someone that I know as he just bought himself the next model up and would sell me his for a decent price but I want to make sure that I can hook up a VCR and record from VHS to the DMR-E30. What other models are a good buy for what I want to do?
    Thanks in advance for the help!

2. ECMoney

ECMoney Member

Can nobody help me out here?

3. jsnkc28

jsnkc28 Member

Just get a stand alone DVD recorder, you can get them at your local Best Buy for about $400, panasonic and Pioneer both make good models. The DMR-E30 will work finr for what you want to do, and if you don't wanna buy it, I'd be interested in finding out what he wants to sell it for :)