1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with card reader/writer that came with r4 ds

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by card1435, Dec 11, 2007.

1. card1435

card1435 Member

i have windows 98 se and dont have the drivers for the card reader/writer that came with my r4ds - where can i get these?

got the kit but cant use it ;(

2. juniR

juniR Guest

Do you have any card reader that works in 98? If so the it's possible to get a micro SD adapter so you can use one of the slots on that. They often come with the micro sd card but if not you may have to get one.

tbh - 98 is kapputt now and it's gonna get harder to get drivers for most stuff including the USB card reader that comes with the R4.

3. snorlax22

snorlax22 Regular member

4. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

i dont see why you would stay on windows 98 though..

5. snorlax22

snorlax22 Regular member

Well, there is that! LOL.

Seriously though: I have one machine that runs NT (my other runs XP). That's what it came with and that's what it runs. It still works. I'm not paying to upgrade it and although it might run XP, it sure won't run Vista.

I may make it a Linux (Ubuntu) box for fun, but I understand perfectly well why people run legacy operating systems. It's what you have. My iMac running 8.6 works fine.

6. juniR

juniR Guest

hehe Ubuntu for fun ... I think if I had an old box and was looking to run summat I'd certainly run Ubuntu. It'll prolly be better than 98.

7. card1435

card1435 Member

just need a number cruncher at the moment here - so old celeron 3 at 500 mhz is fine - i had the mass storage driver some months back for a cd rom burner - thanks for rekinderling the link - r4 works great now.