1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help With CCE Basic Trial Version

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by donpiere, Oct 11, 2004.

1. donpiere

donpiere Member

Could anyone help me with a simple guide to back up a few of my favorite DVD's with CCE Basic Trial Version. I've heard CCE produces the best quality backups. Their guide which comes with the trial is a bit confusing to me.
    thanks, donpiere

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately the trial version won't help you much because it's limited to encoding 3 minutes of your video file. If you really want to try out a trial version I'd recommend downloading the CCE SP trial because it will encode any length of video you want. Since you're not going to be using any of the advanced features SP has (if you think Basic looks complicated you ain't seen nothin yet) you should get the same quality from either version.

If you follow the link Nephilim posted you'll find a thread that deals with the easiest program to use to make CCE do your encoding for DVD backups. You can also find a link to a guide in my signature. If you try it first with CCE SP you'll need to read the instructions for that at the end of the guide. You could also run into problems with the trial version. A lot of people seem to run into problems with the trial version of SP that are fixed by using the retail version of Basic.