1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with chipping my new xbox 360!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Dannysmith, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Dannysmith

Dannysmith Member

Guys Im having big bropblems with trying to mod chip my xbox! Ive done everything I could possibly do according to the tutorials and I have ordered the right software. Everytime I try to burn a game it doesnt work for me, Im getting DVD error messages saying invalid code (2139patch). What the hell is it??? Ive double checked Ive used the right DVDs. Its not the burner software for sure as I tried isoburner that didnt work so I ended up searching online for a paid service and Im still getting this message so is it maybe something I did to the console it self? Have I not correctly installed it or what I dont know...?

Thanks for reading, please try and help me get this fixed.

Shane.

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

What speed are you burning at? Try Imgburn, and burn at 2.4x. People have done 4x and they say they work, but since the 360 has been reading backups, they always recommended burning at 2.4x.

And what do you mean by your Xbox being chipped? What chip is installed?

Just let me know!

3. Dannysmith

Dannysmith Member

burningxbox360games.com/how-to-mod-chip-xbox-360.html - I used this tutorial ]and i have tried imgburn too, same msg pops up

4. RIARA

RIARA Regular member

why would you go and do all that instead of just flashing it with LT 3.0?

5. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Wow, seriously, a modchip? The only one exept for RGH (which I don't consider a modchip) I can think of is the infectus, and that one has been outdated for atleast three years, maybe longer.
    The tutorial doesn't even mention a special modchip, I'd say it was copied from somewhere.

Also this software advertised on the site Danny mentioned seems to be just another imgburn mod ripoff, they charge you 16 USD for it.
    I just read through their tutorial on how to burn Xbox 360 games, and it is simply wrong. You cannot burn on DVD-RW. First of all, you couldn't fit an 8,5 GB game on a 4.x GB disk. And second you need DVD+R, DL preferably Verbatim, sometimes cheaper brands will do too, I just don't recommend them. And seriously, 16x burn speed? Haven't had a DL media that supports this. I personally burn at 8x speed with good results (Verbatim media). Did they copy from a tutorial on how to burn Xbox1 games?

I also got some good laughs from their terms and conditions:
    Copyright notice:
    I didn't receive this as an e-mail, how should I contact the sender?

The next four paragraphs:

Wait a minute, since when do I become an employee if I buy that software? Do I get paid?j By the way, in their tutorials they link directly to piratebay as a source for Xbox 360 games.

6. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

That link is so stupid. It's mixing up instructions for the two different consoles. You disassemble an Xbox360 to put an unknown modchip into an Xbox1.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  7. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Another funy thing about this domain: It claims it was in the c:net download.com top-rated, but a whois for this domain says it was only created on March 8, 2012. Maybe someone should contact Shane O'Connor and tell him to correct all the errors on his site. Noone from Egham, GB around?

Whoops, just realized that Dannysmith signed his first message with "Shane".

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  8. coorva

coorva Regular member

another xbox into the microsoft scrap yard