1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with cleaning DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Leafs1, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Leafs1

Leafs1 Member

If someone has any ideas on how to get ( I think Hairspray) of a dvd it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

2. pchan424

pchan424 Member

Its usually good not to use many random fluids to clean them off. you can pick up a thing of cleaning solution in the electronics department of most stores and they usually come with a soft cloth. If im not mistaken though isnt hairspray or such corrosive on plastic? which means it may be to late. Theres also little buffers you can buy which sometimes remove minor scratches and such.

3. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

A drop of gentle hand soap (without the moisterizers) and water under the sink with COLD water will do. Make sure you dry the are around the hub.

4. Leafs1

Leafs1 Member

Thanks I tried the handsoap and it didn't help. I'll check out the stores for something probably too late though.

5. bruceb3

bruceb3 Member

A little Mineral Spirits (a type of solvent) on the corner of an old t-shirt and gently rub from center to outer edge will take it off. Then gently wash with a little soap and water to get off the residual mineral spirits.

6. Leafs1

Leafs1 Member

Hey thanks i'll give it a try

7. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

I don't like the mineral spirits idea because it might leave deposits between the invisible crevices of the disc. The strongest solvent I've used was rubbing alcohol, and that was to remove Sharpie writing on the label side. Even then, I wash it off with water to remove any residue.