1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with connecting to xbox live

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Abhi262, May 19, 2007.

1. Abhi262

Abhi262 Member

hi, i have a wireless router which i use to connect my xbox (flashed with xtreme firmware) to xbox live, however, i connect it with an ethernet cable which came with my xbox. i have not connected to xbox live for 2 weeks but when i did use it two weeks ago to use a 2 day live gold trial, live worked perfectly and the connection never got disrupted. however, today, when i wanted to connect to xbox live, it wouldn't and asked me to test the connection. it goes through all of the tests except the last 2 as on the xobx live test, it says failed. the one status code i got was Z: 8015 - 190D. i looked this up on the internet and found out that banned xbox's get this message, however, i do not get a message stating that my xbox has been banned from live as i have seen on the internet tht when an xbox has been banned, it gets this particular screen.

does this mean thati have not been banned and if i haven't been does anyone know why i can't connect to Live? thanks in advance for any help

2. Abhi262

Abhi262 Member

also, the only game i previously played on live was gears of war

3. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

you've been banned!same as many of us, microsoft has banned lots modded consoles if you read more of the posts you would realize that there are loads of people being banned.look around on here before asking stupid questions that have already been answered.

4. ssj4_2004

ssj4_2004 Member

It would seem that whoever hasn't been banned yet should buy a mod-chip right?

5. Abhi262

Abhi262 Member

sorry i only thought it could have been something different as i didn't get the screen saying that i had been. also is there an easy way to get unbanned that doesn't involve getting an eeprom as none of my friends have 360's. is it true that if you send it to microsoft, they'll unban it?

6. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

You get the screen if after the LIVE failed message, you go to NAT and click more INFO.
    There's ya banned screen.

7. Abhi262

Abhi262 Member

oh right...so is it true that sending your 360 to microsoft gets it un banned ?

8. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

um....no.

9. Abhi262

Abhi262 Member

one more quick question, to avoid making another thread, if i get a new xbox 360, and recover my gamertag, will i have my gamerscore as it is now and will i have my savegames? thanx

10. ville30

ville30 Member

Nah. Your hd has your saved games.