1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with converting from OGM files to DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by sumonostp, Jan 22, 2005.

1. sumonostp

sumonostp Member

Hi, everyone. Can someone help me in ways to convert my .OGM video files to DVD. I wish to keep the video, subtitles & 1 of the audios. Please help me. Thank you for your time.

2. effyrocks

effyrocks Member

with virtualdub you can extract the ogg audio files and subtitle in the streams menu and you can save the video file as an avi by simply selecting save as...just dont forget to use direct stream copy.once the video is an avi you can encode it with tempgenc or any other video encoding program. as for the audio i like to use foobar to convert them to wav then besweet for converting to ac3. you can also use plogue bidule to convert it to a 6-channel wav and then besweet to make a 5.1DD ac3 (of course it wont be true 5.1DD audio but still pretty good). after that all you need is a good authoring program to incorporate the subs like dvdlab-pro or something similar.

hope this helps. peace.

3. sumonostp

sumonostp Member

Thank you for your response! I really appreciate it. I will try to do it soon. Thanks again!

4. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Crimeny, you know there's a rule against cross-posting for a reason. You've caused me to waste my time in another forum answering the same freaking question. Shame on you.