1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with copy DVD's and PS2 games!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by johnydepp, Apr 5, 2005.

1. johnydepp

johnydepp Member

Guys I need big help. I bought a DVR109 yesterday and I fit it already in the computer. The DVD-RW is in master mode and the DVD ROM is in slave mode respectively. I downloaded the Decrypter and tried to burn a PS2 game on a DVD R disk, it completed the task just fine, when I put it in my PS2 it didn't work and said please insert a PS2 disk or something like that. My PS2 is the new version (slim). I also have the NERO Express software which I haven't installed yet as I thought Decrypter would do the job just fine. I want to know what I did wrong and how I can fix this. I also tried to install the firmware for the DVD drive, but when I want to install it a message comes up saying (Available Target not Found), this message pops up after I see the C:\Prompt screen. I need some help in this regard, I want to know how I can make this to work. I also want to burn Movies so I would appreciate anyone's help. Thanks

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

is your ps2 been modded with a chip? if not they will never work!

Dvd films should be ok though!

3. haji1

haji1 Guest

you need swap magic or a mod chip. Personally i prefer swapmagic as it does not make your guarnatee void although it does not play like 2% of games. if you are to get a mod chip i advise getting it profesionally installed as it can be very tricky.

4. johnydepp

johnydepp Member

I hear from so many guys that there is all sorts of ways to Copy and play PS2 games on your PS2 without having to install a ModChip. Could someone please guide me through on how to do them and what software I will need to do so. I want to backup all my games as I play games a lot and I don't want my original games to get screwed. Can someone who knows how to burn and make these PS2 games work without me having to install Mod Chip please help me. Thank you guys!!

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

if you dont use a modchip you will still need either

[bold]Swap Magic 3.3 plus Fliplid or Swap Magic 3.3 plus Slide Card
    [/bold]

HAVE A LOOK HERE! http://www.gameworlddirect.co.uk/catalog/index.php

DVD-5 -> DVD±R
    Single layer DVD discs only (*Inc PS2*)

Remove all discs from drives.

Open DVD Decrypter.

From the 'Mode' menu, select 'ISO' -> 'Read'.

Put DVD-5 / PS2 disc in drive.

Take note of the 'Destination' file name.

Click the big 'Decrypt' button.

Take the DVD-5 / PS2 disc out of the drive.

From the 'Mode' menu, select 'ISO' -> 'Write'.

Put a blank disc in your DVD Writer.

Click the little folder icon - 'Browse for source file' - and select the MDS file created for you as part of the steps above.

Click the big 'Write' button.

Finished!