1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help With Copy Protected NTSC DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by weazel200, Mar 28, 2005.

1. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

My friend has lent me the 2pac film juice which is a copy protected dvd. He wants a backup copy for himself. I am using DVD Decrypter and first of all this message comes up
    [​IMG]

Then this message comes up
    [​IMG]

Then this screen came up after i clicked OK.
    [​IMG]

Then after i clicked OK this message appeared.
    [​IMG]

I really need help. Is there already a thread on this if so please direct me. Help is appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005
  2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Just click yes there. Also make sure you have the newest version of Decrypter installed.

If you need some more help check out the guides at my website. Link is in my signature. Also running AnyDVD while using Decrypter should work if you run into any more problems like this.

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I do have another question for you though. Where are you located? Because it looks like your DVD recorder is set to region 2 Europe, and the disk you are trying to copy is Region 1 USA. If that is the case you are also going to have to convert that disk from NTSC to PAL. :)

4. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

I live in England which means my dvd drive is set to region 2. How do i convert the disc from NTSC to PAL. Is it complicated. Thanks for your help.

5. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

I forgot to say I do have a region free dvd player but I havnt set it up yet. If i don't bother to convert the ntsc files to pal will the original film still play and will the backup play normally.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I have never had to convert a video from NTSC to PAL or vise versa, but have been told by a lot of people that this proggy will do it pretty easy DVD2SVCD .

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Region free is not the same as the format of the video PAL and NTSC are to different formats. Check to see if the player will play both usually the region free ones do.. :)

8. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

I managed to copy the dvd by using decrypter, then shrink, then burning the files using nero burning rom. The original disc is 4.08GB and so is the backup. The original has 19 files on the disc and so does the backup. So I hope it has worked. The main thing i wanted to know was if the backup could play on my region free dvd player. If it doesn't work then I don't really want to convert the film to pal as it would take ages and i don't have much spare time, i wouldnt understand what i was doing and sure to mess it up somehow. p.s. i tried playing the original on my pc using windows media player and it sed that it can only change the region a maximum of 4 times before it gets set to the last setting permanatly. is this normal. Thank u 4 ur time. Please respond

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yes thats normal, but if you download and install AnyDVD you will not have to worry ablut that again. AnyDVD will trick your comoputer into seeing the DVD as region free :)

10. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I'm in England [ie; Region 2 & PAL] and i DO NOT have to convert anything at all...

All recently bought ... well in last 10yrs for TVs and maybe last 7-8yrs for stand alone dvd players are all NTSC compatible !!

If it was vice versa then the convertion would have to be done as USA for example does not cater for PAL hardly at all.

As for RPC1 , I would recommend flashing a DVD-Rom drive to RPC1 [region free] ... but you might want to think about it if your solely using just DVD Burner [for ripping & burning].

You will NOT then only have 5 changes of region before it locks in last chosen region [so you'd have to make sure last was region2]

11. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I got asked to do a back up of a Region 1 disc for my mate that has original but wouldn't play too [Wu Tang Clan].

12. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

I have downloaded Any DVD trial version and have it for 21 days. So your saying that I can copy the NTSC DVD to PAL without having to convert it. I can't copy from the original dvd to a blank dvd as I only have one dvd rom/drive. So I will have to do the same process with DVD decrypter but hassle free of copy control and region 1. I hope this is true. Please reply.

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You can actually take DVD Decrypter out of the equation now and just use DVD Shrink as long as the little red fox is in your system tray :)

Yes AnyDVD will make your original DVD look like it has no encryption or region code. :)

14. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Thanks 4 your help. I don't have time to test it right now but shud do 2moro. If i still need help i'll come back on the forum and bug u sum more.

p.s. in the litle red fox we trust :)