1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Daemon Tools problem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by storm45, Jun 16, 2007.

1. storm45

storm45 Member

Hi, i was using Daemon Tools 408 and the virtual drive and mounting images etc was working perfectly, however, i was trying to play Colin McRae DIRT and it was saying you are attempting to use emulation software (this did not happen with my friend, he just installed, mounted and played). I searched the net for solutions, and a majority of people suggested to use YASU to hide drives or something and then mount image on Daemon Tools, but the same problem occured (Emulation software being used). I then decided to delete this YASU software and upgrade the Daemon Tools to the newest version, 409, however this is where the real problem happened, i completely uninstalled Daemon Tools 408 and installed 409 version without a problem, i restarted PC and continued with the installation, once the installation finished i attempted to mount the image and it did not work at all. I went to My Computer and there i found that there was no sign of any Virtual Drive, just my physical drives, and when i mounted the image nothing happened. I then thought to go back to the 408 version (which used to work), but now this version was not working and had the same problem, the Virtual Drive was not being displayed in My Computer.

I am using Windows Vista Ultimate by the way.

I have included a screenshot of the problem (Removable drives are my Media drives for mem sticks etc), any help will be much appreciated.

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/760/screenxo5.jpg

2. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Try using PowerISO you can mount and burn images with the free trial. And is as easy to use as Deamon Tools. Cloaking however is a problem. Download the no-cd crack for the game... only of rbackup purposes though.

3. storm45

storm45 Member

Hi m8, thanks for reply, i actually figured it out. I just deleted the INFCACHE file or something from windows folder (maybe system 32 i think, not sure) and then Daemon tools started to work, i could see the virtual drive on My Computer etc and was able to mount all my stuff. The game worked too, there was no need for crack etc. Thanks

4. bfreexxx

bfreexxx Member

Can you explain this solution in more detail? I'm hoping that this will fix virtual drive problems in alcohol 120% as well.