1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help With Dashboard

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by blumax03, May 5, 2007.

1. blumax03

blumax03 Guest

I have bought the excuter3 chip and a new 500mb HDD. I'm having trouble downloading from xbins. Plus I don't run Nero on my computer to make a dvd disc to load the new bios and all the other stuff. Is there anybody out there that can help either with copies of dashboards, bios, so that I can install everything?? Also my xbox I think the factory hdd has gone bad it won't boot up at all. Says there is an error 7. anybody that can help I would really appriciate it.
    Caio
    blumax03

2. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

well with a 500 mb hdd ur not going anywhere for the next 400 years lol i hope you meant gigabyte

anyway. if ya SEARCH for dashboards on other threads you will find some but bios i dont know if we can give ya em if we can ill get back to you and ill send all of myne.

do ya have the eeprom?
    do ya have the hdd key?

if ya have non of these ya screwed unless u wana build a eepromreader that takes a lot of work to build.
    we can help ya there

well good luck...

3. blumax03

blumax03 Guest

I just found out that the HDD I got is the worng type I got a serial ata when I should have gotten an untra ata. So I have to send it back and get the right one. If I could send somebody the hdd and have them load it all up so that all I have to do is "plug n play" I would, and ya it's a 500gb. My goal is to make the xbox an entertainment unit that I can load movies and music to then I can get rid of my dvd player. Then when the 360 comes out later this year with the big hdd and the hd-dvd player installed buy one of those to game on. So any help with the programs you can offer I will appriciate.
    Thanks
    V

4. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

well if ya wanna make a entertainment system i would install
    xbox media center.

it has loads of applications and other things

look on google for xmbc and u will find it. i had it but my hdd dead and i need to make another one so i have to install it again

another things you can try is
    avalaunchx handy interface and easy to use and again has loads of things you can do with it. if ya find the .iso of it. it comes with different things already on it

some you even have to pay for but if its included ya got it free

other dash boards u can use are

unleash x (friendly interface etc.)
    evox (nice and handy for games and mods for them)
    slayers autoinstaller (an easy way to install a dashboard with lots of help) lol

all these are free and are availible on the tinternet

good luck...

5. blumax03

blumax03 Guest

Hey thanks a lot for the info you have been cool with the help. As you can tell I'm very new to the xbox thing as a whole let alone trying to "mod" it.
    Cheers
    V

6. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

lemme know how ya get on with it, ok?

7. blumax03

blumax03 Guest

might be awhile but I'll let ya know