1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with decrypting resident evil 2

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by flamin3, Feb 8, 2005.

1. flamin3

flamin3 Guest

cannot make a backup copy of this movie . my usual programs cannot cope x copy , dvd decrypter and dvd shrink cannot cope. tried any dvd (21 day trial version) and managed half the film with x copy (froze at 3% before) any ideas well frustrated.

2. mayorgan

mayorgan Guest

Play the movie with anyDVD for a few minutes then shrink it to an .ISO and then use decryptor. this worked for me with no problem.

NM

3. squizzle

squizzle Active member

You know there's like 8 million threads about this movie. You should use the search function before you start a new thread.

4. PsyK

PsyK Member

First of all look at his the sign by his name as well as mine lol (Newbie)

Well anyways what I did to make the back up Copy was simple in a way. DVD Shrink 3.2 & Then after I used Nero worked very nice, Really good quality no Pixels almost anywhere. So it was really good.

5. PsyK

PsyK Member

I also forgot to mention for you to try Vob Blanker then DVD Shrink then Nero ;-) Try that or something lol. I am just trying to get Blast from the Past back up copy. :-/

6. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

Read this post:http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/157147

If you still have questions or trouble, see the aforementioned post.... ;)

7. flamin3

flamin3 Guest

thanks for all your help peeps. used vob blanker and it worked a treat. much appreciated.

cheers

steve

8. kiel2546

kiel2546 Member

i used Anydvd having that running in the background and then running that with dvd decyrpter it seemed to decyrpt it using a ARCeOs compression or something the once on hard drive i used DVD shrink to open files and then to burn worked fine watching my backup copy now.

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

This doesnt exclude you from reading and following the rules that are posted at the top of every forum.

Hmmm Rule number 1 why do you think that is? It's probably so you don't waste time and space on AD asking a question that has already been answered a thousand times!

Point being we are all here to help one another and more than likely your questions have already been answered. In fact I can't remember the last time I had to start a thread with a question because it has ushually already been asked and answered somewhere on here. I am just asking you to help yourself out a little first, and then if you are still having problems then ask a question. This is not personnel in any way so please don't take it that way just trying to guide ya in the right direction :)

Good luck and welcome to AD :)

10. boogee919

boogee919 Member

i had problems making a backup copy of resident evil 2..then i tried the program anydvd and it seemed to have worked.

11. o0ofenix

o0ofenix Member

I had the same problem you did for about 5 minutes....all that you need to do is download 1Click DVD Copy (v 4.1.1.8) it gave me absolutely no trouble at all. This program is used with a decrypter such as the one that I use (DVD 43) make sure you have version 3.5.2.xxx. The reason that you can't copy the movie is because the makers of the movie came up with a new type of copy protection. Basically what they do is add currupt sectors (bad sectors) into the manufacture of the dvd....hence when you try to copy it with a copier that does not have the functionality to detect and take care of bad sectors, it thinks that the dvd that you are trying to copy is scratched or otherwise unreadable in certain places, thats where the error comes in when you get 3% completed. Im sure that there are also a few other ways to copy this movie and others with the same copy protection ('Notebook', 'Little Black Book', 'The Grudge', and 'The Forgotten'.