1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Decryptor, DVD Shrink & Nero

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Applegate, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Applegate

Applegate Member

Here I go again: Let me get this straight.
    Even with DVD Shrink, I will still need to decrypt the dvd to my hard drive--right?

And I need to make a new folder for the decrypt to go to--right? Then I could remove the DVD from my drive and not need it again because it's on my hard drive--right?

And then I use DVD shrink and use "Re-Author" and choose the title and language I want making sure all is under 4.3 gigs roughly--right?

All this seems to go good and then I go to Nero to burn and I select "Disc Image or Saved Project"--then I try to pull up what I decrypted and encoded and can never find it--frustrating!

2. berny

berny Member

No DVD shrink will decrypt the DVD for you u can then reauthor and compress. Yes you need to make a folder called VIDEO_TS the folder name must be exactly as i tpyed it. TO burn using nero you should use DVD Video from that you find the VIDEO_TS folder with your ripped and compressed movie in it. You then select all the files in the VIDEO_TS folder and drag them into the VIDEO_TS folder in nero. The AUDIO_TS folder is left empty but is needed for compatability with standalone players.

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Click open disk from 1st Shrink window. Shrink will do a quick play through of dvd and show you the layout (folders-files-menus). Look at green bar at top and compression ratio at right . If bar is all green and compressions is above 60-65% just click BACKUP. I think backup goes to C:\windows\temp but I made a folder for myself C:\movie which is easier to find. If bar is red at top or you want less compression click re-author--a second shrink window opens. select all file from 1st window & drag to second window and remove things you don't want. Top bar will change and compression will get better as you remove stuff. When you are happy, click backup and make sure you know where your files are going. Open Nero video project tab. AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS folders should be there, add your backup files inside VIDEO_TS folder and burn. Hope this helps. Menus and extras won't work after you re-author so its best to delete them and keep movie only. Jerry

4. Applegate

Applegate Member

Thank you all--I will try these things!
    I don't know what I would do without help from people like you---yes I do know, I would throw my PC out the window into the river!

Thanks aain!
    I might be back for more help!
    Most likely I would say!

5. Applegate

Applegate Member

Well, I knew I would be back--I went to Nero and do not see an option to choose "DVD video"--do I have the wrong Nero maybe?

And when I decrypt, do I have to tell it to decrypt to my folder labeled "VIDEO-TS" and also when I use DVD Shrink, do I have to tell it to encode to that same folder also "VIDEO-TS"?

Thanks again!

6. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

Decrypt to any folder you create...i.e. create a folder and name it the title of the movie. Then you compress it to another folder you can create. When burning it, RecordnowMax WILL need a VIDEO_TS folder whilst Nero doesnt need one. It will create for you automatically along with the bup file. Theres a drop down menu in the wizard that will give you the DVD choice.

cheezzzz_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Just another lonely Hawaiian with:
    P4 2.66Ghz, 120gb HD (7200rpm)
    2X512mb DDR333 (PC2700) SDRAM
    Sony DVD RW DW-U12A(OEM for DRU500AX)
    DXCPlatinum 3.20
    Smartipper/DvdDecrypter
    Dvd2one/Nero 551054[/small]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2003
  7. koola

koola Guest

Koola's here with guides! use the link below.

8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You never said what vesion Nero you are using. I think you need Ver 5.5 or 6 to have the 2 folders come up automatically. I'm not sure about older versions. Jerry

9. Applegate

Applegate Member

You guys are great--burned my first DVD and it worked great and plays in my DVD player great. I love DVD Shrink. Wish I would of known about it before I paid $50.00 for DVD2one. I do have a problem however, I tried burning another movie, it analyzed fine and burned fine (according to Nero)--then I put it in my DVD and it said, "Disc Error"--so I put it in my computer and pulled up properties to see what was on it and nothing was on it even though Nero said burn was successful? Any ideas?

10. Applegate

Applegate Member

And here's another question: another DVD I tried to copy during the analyzing mode of DVD Shrink it stopped and gave me an error of "CDvdcss:read failed"--what the heck does this mean? It also said "Reason:Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)?????????????
    Any ideas?

11. Applegate

Applegate Member

And just one more: the first time I went to burn it kicked it back saying my "DVD+R" disc needs to be a "DVD+R\RW" but I tried it again and it burned fine--do I have to have rewrittable discs instead of just writtable?

12. Applegate

Applegate Member

Oh boy, another question: I was reading some other questions & comments from others and one person said you have to click first on the "Video" file on Nero before dragging the other VOb,BUP & IFO files to it--is this true?

And also, do you place all files from the encoding to Nero to burn (BUP's, VOB's & IFO's?)

13. Buik

Buik Regular member

Just be lazy. Use DVD shrink & CloneDVD. CloneDVD runs $40.00~ US dollars. But well worth it. Easy to burn DVD after DVD Shrink is done with the disc. I use the cheapest media I can find & have not had any problems with this set-up._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Stretch the cash. Bargain hunting. System is not static.[/small]

14. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If your blanks aren't marked on top +R +RW, then look at the bottom write area. +R are usually dark pink or purple. RW are like dark blue-gray but there may be exceptions to this rule. Another thing you can try is download dvdinfopro. Its free and can give you a lot of information about your disc.
    As far as your error mesages, I haven't seen that one. Were you doing anything else while burning. Most of your system resources will be in use while doing backup video. Disable antiviruses and any programs running in background from startup.If you got 1 to work, you are close and it takes time to get the bugs out in reguards to your system. Keep trying and use a RW disc until you get it right. All files you ripped with shrink go inside the VIDEO_TS folder. On Nero 6 it changes the ripped file icons to something with a little musical note along side if they are inside. Jerry

15. Applegate

Applegate Member

Hey thanks--all my DVD's are DVD+R. And I was running MSN and my kids were playing a CD when I was trying to burn--I'll burning with everything off and doing nothing else and see what happens. Thank you!

I am getting the Musical sign next to the BUP,VOB & IFO files when I move them to the VIDEO_TS file on Nero.

16. SKIP

SKIP Guest

Hi Applegate...i find the best way is to make a new folder with the name of the copy i am trying to back up...and when i shrink it i send it to the folder with the name of the back up...then when i have got all the important files in the folder...i open up nero and select Express i then select DVD Video and select Add files and Obvisouly i select the files from the folder....i then right click on the mouse and select all...then i click burn and i burns the movie.
    I hope this is helpfull to you it might sound a bit long winded but it works for me.
    BEST WISHES SKIP

17. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member