1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Disc change over please??

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Rayearth, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Rayearth

Rayearth Member

I have downloaded the seperate discs for ff9 but i have completetd the 1st disc, however wen i load up disc 2 from my mem card the save data is not there?

Does anyone know hw this can be resolved

much appreciated

2. MetalGeat

MetalGeat Regular member

try moving the save data from the first first folder disc to the second disk folder through your computer.

3. brandonht

brandonht Member

I have the same problem..

What do you mean move the disc 1 save data to the disc 2 folder?

the data in the \savedata folder?

the disc 2 save folder isnt there because i've never been able to load it

what should i do?

4. badpsp

badpsp Member

just make sure the game ids and save ids are exactly the same. Otherwise it won't work, and don't forget to back-up ur save files before trying anything

5. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

He said he downloaded it which means he probably doesn't know how to change the game save id.

There is a way to export your data from one and put it on the other. It's a fairly simple process.

1st: Download CWCheat from HERE.

2nd: Follow CWCheat's readme and install it onto your PSP, making sure to enable it from your recovery menu.

3rd: Open up FFIX Disc 1 on of your PSP. When the game starts, hold select to open up the CWCheat menu. Go to manage memory cards and export the slot with your data onto it. (I don't have my PSP on me, but I believe it would say something like Save Memory Card Slot One and have a file number to save it to along the bottom [i.e. 000])

4th: Open up FFIX Disc 2 on your PSP. When the PSX logo starts to play, hold select again to open up the CWCheat menu. Again,. go to manage memory cards except this time import/load the slot that you just saved, making sure that the file number along the bottom is the same that you exported to.

5th: Hopefully continue playing your game.

[Edit: I tried to simplify the process.]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  6. Rayearth

Rayearth Member

cheers, for all help but it seemed to work after i customized my eboot through popstation, added the AT3, PMF files and PNG and all of a sudden it detected the save file but for future use i will keep this in mind thanks again