1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Download of CDVDGEN 1.5

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Jmlax19, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Jmlax19

Jmlax19 Member

For some odd reason i cannot download CDVDGen 1.5!! I've tried home.versatel.nl/joeriroels/Download/download.html and that does not work! My computer tells me it something like ( 16 Bit Windows Subsystem)--Not suitable for running MS-Dos or Microsoft Windows applicators! I've tried google and cannot find anything else! Some HELP please!! thanx

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. Davedough

Davedough Regular member

Sounds like you're running WinXP. Try right clicking on the file and go to Properties. You'll see a "Compatability" tab. Go to there and select "Run this program in capatability with..." and select either Win98 or something else to see if that works.

4. johnim

johnim Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2005
  5. Jmlax19

Jmlax19 Member

Thanx for the reply!! But still no luck! I tried the compatibility method and no cigar and downloaded from members.cox.net and it still does not allow access to me! Any other Suggestions!!

6. johnim

johnim Guest

hi

what does it actually say is there anyting in the error about an autoexec.nt file

john

7. steimy

steimy Active member

8. Jmlax19

Jmlax19 Member

Thanx for the reply, i tried the download again this morning and nothing! A pop-up came up saying " 16 Bit Windows Subsystem --C:\Windows\System32\AutoExec.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows Applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application ...
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! thanx

9. johnim

johnim Guest

yes i thought so that means the autoexec.nt file is missing from your c:/windows/system32/ folder

all you have to do is search for it using windows search

it should find it in c:/windows/repair

so browse to c:/windows/repair in windows explorer

locate the file and copy the file back to the
    c:/windows/system32 folder

and it should work then

maybe a virus had it or somthing

but will be fine if you copy it back

john

10. Jmlax19

Jmlax19 Member

This might sound stupid, but I cannot find a file named System32....I've looked in all windows files and even searched through windows media and file searcher!!

11. hursty

hursty Regular member

go to local disk C ,and open it,you will see a yellow folder labelled "windows".open that and find anothere yellow folder callled "system 32",it should be there

12. Jmlax19

Jmlax19 Member

Hey Hursty!! Tried what you said and there is no System32 file in the windows folder!??? I'm thinking maybe my anti-virus or Adaware software might of deleted it when i do searches! Any ideas on how to get the folder back. I emptyied all my norton protected files too!

13. 2kwic

2kwic Guest

go to start go to run type in c:/windows/repair hit enter
    right click on autoexec.nt select copy close the window
    go back to start go to run type in c:/windows/system32 hit enter
    and right click and paste the autoexec.nt file and it should work then

hope this works

14. Jmlax19

Jmlax19 Member

HAHAHAH!! FINALLY !! Man i tell you what, talk about a quick fix for a pain in my ass! Works like a charm! Downloaded CDVDGEN no problems! Thanks

15. 2kwic

2kwic Guest

You did it the way i told you? if so then no problem glad to help

16. queenrulz

queenrulz Guest

i sort of have the same problem as Jmlax19 except once it's finished downloading it automatically tries to open in acrobat reader and says that it could not open cdvdgen because it was either not a supported file type or it was corrupted.

17. hursty

hursty Regular member

18. queenrulz

queenrulz Guest

ok thanks

19. macey

macey Guest

hi, Im having the same sort of trouble but ive downloaded CD_DVD_GEN_12 and it has saveditself in c:windows/desktop. when try to setup using the setup launcher a popup states Cant run 16-bit windows program. the path C:windows\desktop CD-DVD~1.20\CD_DVD~1\SETUPEXE is not valid. Is this the same sort of problem?
    i have used isobuster to get files from bin to mpeg now i am following the guide that states i need cdvdgen aswell.. any help with that will be great. thanks:)
    Macey.

20. macey

macey Guest

then tried using hurstys link (4 posts up) and cannot open a rar file. Thanks.
    Macey.

21. johnim

johnim Guest