1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Downloads

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jadenikol, Sep 13, 2007.

1. jadenikol

jadenikol Guest

Hi, i have been downloading some games with newsgroups, and a few have worked but about half just won't read. i am wasting loads of discs.

Does anyone know how to tell if a download is real, before burning it to disc?

the games i have that work are stuntman, godfather and just cause, buyt spiderman i have tried 2 different versions, and elder scrolls, but they just wont play.

Please help, i am new to this and would really appreciate any help

2. fazes23

fazes23 Guest

how to tell if a download is real? hmm something just does not add up. how did u even make one game? seems like u have the iq of a gnat

3. jadenikol

jadenikol Guest

Cheers ! How did i know i would get a reply like that.

Sorry , i thought this was a forum to ask for help and to help others!

It was a simple question really, i just wondered if theres any way of knowing if the files i have downloaded are genuine 360 games, or if they're a load of crap.

4. fazes23

fazes23 Guest

if you got them off newsgroups they should be legit.

5. jadenikol

jadenikol Guest

so what am i doing wrong?

i am using quickpar to check the files, extracting the files, then using clonecd to burn to dvd+r dl at x2. discs are infinity 360.

why do u think are some games unplayable

6. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

To increase assurance that downloaded games work, I always wait to I see a release with the same region as my 360 and I burn at the slowest speed possible. Use quality media like verbatim. I also minimize my usage of PC resources while burning, close all your programs, this should help also. I use DVD Decrypter for burning and haven't had any problems.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  7. fazes23

fazes23 Guest

sounds like a region thing or maybe the cheap dual layers you are using. but then again i have used memorex and they work perfectly fine. but then again i think spiderman is region free i dont know about elder scrolls tho, mine plays fine.

8. jadenikol

jadenikol Guest

ok, what are the best discs to use? should i try burning slower