1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with drivers

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by loki21, May 28, 2007.

1. loki21

loki21 Member

I recently had to replace my hard drive and do a fresh Windows XP install. Everything was good until I found out that none of my drivers were installed. I am missing the (1) ethernet controller, (2) chipset driver and (3) audio/video drivers. Was this supposed to be installed when I installed Windows? Where do I download these? I went to Best Buy's Geek Squad and they said it was going to be $30 for each driver. I need help on finding sites to install these from. Thanks!

2. paztelu

paztelu Regular member

Hi, well about your drivers, they are suppose to be installed After you install your OS, so dont worry about that issue. Does your computer has any specific brand (e-machines, dell) or its use a custom build up? In both cases every computer device, has a CD with it drivers, but in case you dont find them, I recommend:

-If your computer has an specific brand, look for the drivers in the webpage of your computer brand, look for the specific model and it is very probabble that they will have available all the drivers specific for your computer.

-I Will look in Driverguide, they have a really big database of all sort of drivers for computer devices, it is very very probabble that you will find the drivers you need in this website.

-You can also look in the webpage of the manufacturer of each specific device you need the driver for. (Example if your ethernet card is Realtek, you should look in the Realtek website)

3. loki21

loki21 Member

I just tried searching my MB (ASUS A7N8X-UAYZ) on that website and this is what came up:

http://members.driverguide.com/inde...a6=122&qa7=Windows+XP&dp=3&sm=h&jmd=and&fzz=b

This is also what came up from the ASUS website. I don't know which model to pick because the descriptions does not exactly match my model (ASUS A7N8X-UAYZ). Here the results from the ASUS website when I searched A7N8X:

http://support.asus.com/repair/repair.aspx?root=110&SLanguage=en-us

I really appreciate the help. I just need to be pointed to the correct download and I'll be good to go. Thanks again!

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

just select A7N8X & select drivers.

5. loki21

loki21 Member

6. loki21

loki21 Member

for some reason i can't give you the direct link to the search results. anyway, there are several model#'s that come up in the search results for "a7n8x" and i don't know which one to pick. i'm guessing it is the second one because it takes you to a LAN download. please help some more. thanks!

7. paztelu

paztelu Regular member

Hi, well you can check if your Motherboard is the one in the result, for example by comparing the Manual that you have from the one that is available online. Still you can try downloading the Lan driver, it is very probabble that all mobos starting with "a7n8x" have the same lan Chipset, and similar if not equal chipsets in all the cases.

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

9. loki21

loki21 Member

that was actually my problem, because the one on top does not have LAN for download. i will try to download LAN from the deluxe version, which is the 2nd one. thanks!