1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with ds save files

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by joemama07, Nov 13, 2007.

1. joemama07

joemama07 Member

I have been trying to use the save files from gamefaqs.com and found this thread http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/376370. I tried to follow these instructions but when i get to the game manager part and click the game file the saves do not appear for me to select them. I never had a game manager until i read this thread, is there a certain way my directories need to be? do my converted save files need to be converted again to be the 512kb format? do i rename them to .dat or .sav? Anyone who has an M3DS Simply and has been successful with using gamefaqs save files, please help me out.

thanks

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

That thread is not only very old, but also for the M3 slot-2 range (not the Simply)

At least it shows you used the search first though :)

Use this site to convert the saves: http://www.shunyweb.info/index.php
    Make sure you name the saves correctly, the save must have the same filename as the game (e.g game1234.nds has a save called game1234.sav)

3. joemama07

joemama07 Member

I realized the thread was old but could find nothing else and figured some of that information might still be applicable. Thanks for that conversion site. I am still running into problems though, what do I need to do with my converted file? The way my simply is organized is Main Directory/Games/ then here i have a folder for each individual game/ then the game and its .sav file. I tried dragging the converted file into the individual game folder but when i booted up the only option i was given was "new game" and not continue game. Oh, and I did make sure the names were the same.

thanks again!

joemama07

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

What game is it? And what save are you trying to use? (link to the gamefaqs page) I'll give it a go on one of my carts.

5. joemama07

joemama07 Member

the yu-gi-oh! 2007 game, there are two save files, one is for the japanese version, i'm trying to use the other one...

thanks

joemama07