1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with duplicate/multiple picture files/folders

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by OU812Ono, Jun 9, 2007.

1. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

Ok, let me see if I can explain this as easily as it's presenting in my head.

I had all of my photo's on one hdd, about 20 gigs worth. I bought a second hdd and copied them over as a backup. Well I stupidly started saving to both drives, depending on what the default was on the program I was using. So now I'm left with ALOT of the same pictures, but also new pics on both hdd's.

My question is, is there a program that can identify duplicate files, as well as the oddballs. Ideally I'd like to put them all on one drive, make dvd-hardcopies, and a backup again on the other drive. Then I would set everything to save on on hdd, and do periodic backups onto the other drive.

Please excuse me if it's longwinded, I've been up for FAR too long.

2. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

assuming that the duplicates have the same names then just all of the pics from both hdd's to one file on anything and ur os will just ask u if u want to overwrite or somthing and then ur done

3. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

That's the problem, guess I should have clarified. Alot of the pics have the same filename, ie pict00012.raw. So it would have to be something that read the actual file itself.

I've read about a program for mp3's that does this, just hoping there's a diff app for my prob.......

Thanks for the quick reply

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member