1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help With DVD Authoring

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by nkmosch, Feb 10, 2003.

1. nkmosch

nkmosch Guest

I recently got a dvd version Of Lord of the Rings. After searching throughout the forums i was confused, so here is my question:
    I want to rip the movie (possibly with Dvd Decrypter), enter the subtitles i want (found 2 files .sub format,maybe for divx use), and rewrite it with my pioneer A104 with the new Subs. I would appreciate if anyone could help.
    Thanks, G@S

2. memcco

memcco Regular member

lotr is the easiest movie on the planet to rip & split that i've ever done. using Dvd Decrypter choose file and copy all of the files. you don't say what you're using after that! derrow's dvd split software does the job perfectly. so does ifo edit, if you know how to use it. if not you've got some reading to do! i've not tried it with dvdxcopy although i have great faith in it! by the way, you might want to try dvd2one to put it on one dvd. does a fantastic job. good luck! mike

3. nkmosch

nkmosch Guest

Hi, and thanks for your reply Mike.
    I mean't LOTR2 Two Towers, which has only
    Thai and Cantoneze subs. I want to demux
    the movie (but i don't know how-i use
    dvd decrypter-) and reauthor it adding
    English subtitles.
    Thanks

4. memcco

memcco Regular member

oh, im got my copy from the academy...didnt have to worry 'bout that. don't think you can using the ripper. you have to use ifo edit. do you know what that is? you can get it at:
    http://mpucoder.kewlhair.com/Derrow/index.html

its great. other info available at www.doom9.net and www.vcdhelp.com