1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with DVD burning

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by starlymae, Feb 27, 2005.

1. starlymae

starlymae Member

OK, here's my problem. I have been burning DVD's for months now with little to no problem. Recently my burning has failed. I am doing everything the same as I always have and still no luck. I have the latest DVD shrink and decrypter. The process completes with no errors but it won’t play on my home DVD player or my computer. I have read through many, many posts and done everything that was suggested to do. I just thought maybe someone could point me in the right direction on what I need to do. Also is there a way to burn a copy of Nero off another computer without having the Nero disk?

2. JXP2307

JXP2307 Regular member

As far as the Back ups go, I have no clue. Maybe contact ScubaPete, or BroBear. They can probably help with that.

Nero however, I downloaded. It came in 3 install packs. They are setup files. I was able to burn the packs to disk, and take it to my Father, who is without an internet connection. I bought the software however, and just typed my serial # into my Pops Computer. So yes, there are ways.

3. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

Forum rules prohibit abuse of private messages. If it can be asked in the forum, then please do so....

OK now what brand of blank discs are you using?

4. starlymae

starlymae Member

I am using Verbtim and also Memorex. I have always used both of these brands in the past without problem. I just can't figure out why it was working fine and then went down hill.

5. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

Well, here's a stroy about Memorex. They use many manufacturers to make their discs. Some are not so great in the quality standards department, while others are. The worst one being CMC. So one bundle may work well while another ends up with more than 75% fail rates.
    I have also read that Verbatim has been known to use this same manufacturer on some of their lower tier discs. Most users here report excellent performance out of the Verbatim Data Life line of discs from Verbatim.

6. starlymae

starlymae Member

So do you think getting new disk should be my first step? Also, can you recommend any?

7. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

Well, lets see, I don't know if your burner is +R or -R or both, but here are some recommendations.....
    +R
    Maxell, Ritek Ridata, or Sony

-R
    Ritek Ridata, TDK (not 100% sure about this one since I only use +)

And any Taiyo Yuden

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  8. starlymae

starlymae Member

OK, I will give the +R DVD's a try. I'll let you know if that works for me. I'll keep my fingers crossed!