1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with DVD compatibility issues

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kirfan, Dec 1, 2004.

1. kirfan

kirfan Member

I am burning already copied DVDs using InterVideo DVD Copy2 to MAXELL DVR-R disks. The new DVDs play fine on the PC burner but do not play in my Sony DVD player. The manual on the Sony player says that it plays DVD-Rs. In addition, the DVDs that I am copying from are also DVD-R and those play fine on the Sony DVD player. Am I copying these DVDs wrong. Somebody please help!!!

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

correct me if I'm wrong.

You can play backups made by Intervideo in your standalone Sony.

You cannot play a backup of a backup made by Intervideo in your Sony player, right?

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What speed are you copying them at? Some stand alone DVD players don't like the faster speeds. You may also want try copying the disk's using your burning software such as Nero if you have it. Are you copying on the fly? I'm really not sure why you would be using interVideo's DVD Copy2 to make a copy of a copy? There is plenty of sofware out there that will do this job much better and faster. Just a thought

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. kirfan

kirfan Member

I cannot play a backup of a backup made by Intervideo in my Sony player. That is right!

5. kirfan

kirfan Member

What other software can I use to burn the backups to a DVD-R. I am new to all this stuff and could use all the help I can get. Thanks!!

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What burning software do you have on your computer? Nero, Adaptec? There are hundreds out there, but if you just want to copy what is on one disk to another I would recommend Clone DVD or Nero.
    You didn't answer my other questions? It could just be that you are burning to fast.

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. kirfan

kirfan Member

I don't know how fast it burnt. It just displays a screen that asks what the source is and what the target is. I have two drives, a DVD-ROM and a burner.

I will install Nero tomorrow and see if that works.

8. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I'm with bbmayo ... Nero is great for copying a backup. You can use Nero's 30 day trial over and over. You just have to download the new trial version every 30 days.

Hopefully if you use it enough you'll just get sick of downloading the trial version and end up buying it.

9. kirfan

kirfan Member

I actually have a copy of Nero OEM somewhere. Can't find it right now but will install it tomorrow.

10. kirfan

kirfan Member

Thanks guys for your advice. I tried Nero and it works like a charm. I just don't understand how the burnign software would make such a difference if essentially both are writing the same file format to the same media. All the same, many thanks...