1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with DVD+R and SM

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by shinji2k3, Dec 9, 2004.

1. shinji2k3

shinji2k3 Member

OK Heres my problem. I have a Artec DVD+/-RW drive, and some generic brand DVD+Rs (burner reads em out as Sony-D11s, so whatever. My problem is none of my backups are working! DVD Decrypter is what Im using, Ive burned at ever possible speed. Thing is, I looked at my DVDs after I burned them, and theres somewhat of a gap between the center and where the data starts. Its not huge but def more than what my friends does. He backed up Sly 1 and GTA Vice City on DVD-Rs, Sly works with SM, GTA Loads but just stays black. Either way all I get with my burns are red screens from SM. Any help on how to burn the DVD+Rs so they wont have that gap?? or is that even the problem? I have a V5 Ps2.

2. SFisher21

SFisher21 Regular member

i don't get it either. by mistake i bought dvd+r when making my first backups. made 4 coasters. then i tried dvd-r and have had no problems. then i came across killzone. made another couple more coasters on that game. because i ran out of dvd-r's i gave the dvd+r another shot and it worked. so now i am just confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. shinji2k3

shinji2k3 Member

OK I tried ONE more time with 1x, it took almost an hr to burn, but everything Ive burned is working now... weird shit. It all works perfect, Ratch and Clank 3 and KOF 2003 were my tests subjects, they work great.