1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with DVD-R buring hardware

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by nitelife, Jun 15, 2003.

1. nitelife

nitelife Member

Hello,

I need to back-up a bunch of VHS & Digital8 movies to DVD-R. I would like to add simple menus & chapter jumps. The system I have now has a bad interlace problem with movement -- if i do still captures or movie captures thru Premiere 6.0, i get alot of interlacing lines in the movies and jpgs. Could someone please recommened a good hardware setup for me? (i guess what i have wont work right). I have a 1.7 GHz, 40 GB HD, 512 MB ram, 1394 IEEE (for Digital8 input) and Dazzle Creator Capture (for VHS), running WinME with a Sony DRU500A DVD burner.

Thanks for ANY help,

Gordon

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Your hardware seems fine. However, WindowsME is a pile of pi*s, if you don't mind me saying so. Get yourself a copy of Windows2000 or XP. One of the most important hardware components, apart from the processor, is lots of RAM. You have plenty. I prefer around 768MB myself, but thats irrelevant.

I don't tend to perform the sort of procedures you are suggesting. However, i do know that a good program to create menus in would be the Pinnacle Studio 8 Authoring package. Im not sure why you get interlacing with Adobe Premiere 6.0, i have used it before without any problems.

Hope i was of some help,
    Chris