1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!!! with dvd-r disc and speeds

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by skutz, Oct 2, 2004.

1. skutz

skutz Guest

hi

basically i had a tower computer with a dvd re-writer so i brought 2x speed dvd-r disc to use which was fine but now i have a compaq presario r3000 laptop with a dvd re-writer but when i go to burn my movies it dont let me and i think it is because the disc are 2x speed but i cant find out what the dvd drive is called or what disc speeds it takes and i need to burn movies can someone please help cheerz

2. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

The speed of the discs wouldn't stop them burning altogether, they would just burn slower.
    It's sounds like you are trying to burn dvd-r discs in a dvd+r writer.

3. john179

john179 Active member

There are many ways to find out what your drive is including when you are trying to burn.Your burning software will normally state the driver it is using.
    Here is another quick way to find out what driver you have installed.

1.Click in my computer.
    2.Left click on the dvd drive and click properties.
    3.Click on hardware and a list of Hard drives floppys and cdrom drives you have installed will come up.

Then if you tell us the following 3 things we will be able to help you much more.

1.What dvd writer you have installed.
    2.What media you are using + / - and brand.
    3.What burning software you are using.

Like Agent-k said it could be as easy as your using the wrong type media for the writer.We won't know though until you have the answers to the 3 questions i ask.

Thanks
    John179

4. skutz

skutz Guest

thank u 2 both of u but i forgot to mention before the reason i cant find out is coz i ahve done everything u have tried and the only name it cums up wid is ht-st-dl and it is a combo and 2 answer ur other question i no my drive can burn dvd-r coz i burnt 1 before but not knowing the speed of that and all my other disc are 2x speed which i no dont work but like sed i dont no how o find out what disc are compatible