1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP WITH DVD-R /DVD+R ISSUES

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by flwcobra, Nov 4, 2004.

1. flwcobra

flwcobra Guest

Can somebody tell me if i can use (DVD-R), instead of
    (DVD+R), i have two dvd burners (DVD+REWRITABLE), there's a driver?, a firmware update for that?, my burners are TEAC DVD+RW DV-W58E (8x) and NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A (4x)

2. regor

regor Regular member

Hi flwcobra - Unfortunately, no. You are limited to the compatible format of the writing device. That shouldn't hurt you though unless you've bought some -R media. Return them for +R or give them as XMAS gifts to someone with a +-R burner.

I say it shouldn't hurt you... what I've learned (via this forum and testing on my own) is that you can use +R media for anything you wish to do. Some older home DVD players may have problems with +R but most newer models will not.

added text: The need for driver updates may depend on your OS but XP, as example, will most likely not need any updated drivers - use the native unless the drive manufacturer states otherwise; that said however, any driver updates you would get from the manufacturer i.e. Teac or NEC; same with firmware updates. Pay close attention to 'if' firmware updates are available... they may incorporate fixes and/or provide better compatiblity with faster media.

Good luck. R
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]regor

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2004