1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with DVD-R's not playing

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gecco970, Oct 27, 2004.

1. gecco970

gecco970 Member

Let me start by pointing out that i'm a complete novice here so any advice would be very appreciated!

I have recently bought a Panasonic DVD Recorder with internal hard drive.

Having burned a couple of DVD's from hard on to DVD-R I find that other players in my house (3 in all) wont play these discs.

Help!

Could I be doing somthing wrong or is it just that the other players dont recognise the DVD-R format?

Reading other threads on this forum, I get the impression it's the latter. How can I tell what formats the other players recognise

Thanks

2. carpki

carpki Guest

I presume you mean a stand alone DVD player with its own hard drive. If thats the case I would imagine that the copy protection on the discs is the problem. Backing them up on to the hard drive then copying them won't be enough. Maybe I'm wrong but thats my guess!

3. gecco970

gecco970 Member

Thanks Carpki, yes it's a stand alone DVD player with its own hard drive. My problem is that I record direct to the hard drive from the TV, then burn a DVD-R (using the same box) by transfering from hard drive to DVD-R which works fine. The DVD-R I have burned plays fine in the Panasonic player but wont play in the others.

4. sickduck

sickduck Guest

i have a panasonic dmr-e80h if you do not finalize the disc it will not read in other stand alone players. to finalize (dvd in the bay) hit the function button, then select disc settings then enter, then select finalize disc (takes about 2 minutes). it should work after that.

5. gecco970

gecco970 Member

Thanks sickduck, that's worked!