1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with DVD Shrink 3.14 & Menus

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by gaz_0001, Feb 1, 2004.

1. gaz_0001

gaz_0001 Regular member

I am having a problem with burning From Dusk Till Dawn. Its the 2 disk version but i only want to copy the first disk. Anyhow, DVD 1 is crammed with extras so i thought i would re-author and use no compression at all. I then went in to Shrink Re-Author mode and copied everything across apart from the extras, i didnt copy any of them at all. I burnt the DVD and put it on the DVD player to test it. I had all the menus there but none of them worked, i had to sit there and wait for the menus to change (17 of them) and then the film came on! Should i be able to rip out the extras completely and still be able to use the menu to activate the film? If not is there a program which i can use to do this??

2. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2004
  3. gaz_0001

gaz_0001 Regular member

Rite Ok, fair enough, i cant rip out the extras and have working menus with shrink. Does anyone know of a program where i can easily take out the extras but still have a working menu??

4. ptwenty

ptwenty Guest

Gaz_0001

Try CloneDVD - it has a feature (a tick box) whereby you can preserve the menu structure of a dvd but take out various chapters. So the menu will appear ok but any extras you select should be dead links and just bring you back to the menu screen. Worth a try.

5. CobaltBlu

CobaltBlu Member

I use DVD decrypter and InstantCopy. Instant copy allows you to completely delete parts of the disk rather than turning them to stills as in DVDshrink. It also keeps the menus in tact.

6. gaz_0001

gaz_0001 Regular member

ptwenty - cheers. I will check it out l8r.

7. Ketale

Ketale Regular member

Hi gaz_0001

ok, here's one guide how to strip some unwanted extras away and still preserving the menus and their functionality. I have to warn you, though, it's not a very simple process with IfoEdit and you need an arseload of different little software tools to do it with. I'm sure there are easier ways too, like the ones mentioned earlier, but this is one way to go.

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/ifoedit-basic.htm

8. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

What's Instant Copy? Where do I find it? What Version? Instant Copy by Who?