1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with DVD Shrink and Nero Recode 2...

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dsfii, Jun 13, 2004.

1. dsfii

dsfii Member

Hello, I used DVD Shrink w/ my Memorex DVD+- Writer to backup a movie. Then it burned also within DVD Shrink (I thought I had to use another burning program such as nero?).

Problem is when I played it on my dvd player, it looks great except for around the 5th chapter it freezes up for a couple seconds... like its hesitating at that spot,, and only that spot in the movie? Any suggestions??

Should I use Nero to burn and not DVD Shrink?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

What are you using with Recode? DVD43 or ANYDVD? Also what media are you using?

3. dsfii

dsfii Member

How do I find out what Im using w/ recode? All I did was install DVD Shrink, and then Nero Recode 2 came w/ my dvd burner... I first backup the dvd to my harddrive using DVD Shrink, Then I open up Nero Recode 2 and burn the disc from that specific folder.

I am using Memorex DVD+R 4.7G

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

You don't need to use shrink AND recode. They are one and the same except recode doesn't rip and shrink doesn't burn. It does do a better job than shrink and is easier to use. Install DVD43(this is free and can be found in this forum) and when you put in your movie go directly to recode. There is nothing to do with dvd43, it runs in the background, forget it's even there. In recode take out what you want and leave the rest. Do NOT mess with menu, it does not take up much space and this will give you a fully functional menu with your movie, something shrink can't do unless you don't re-author anything. You can also raise compression on all your extras at once which in turn lowers compression on your movie and lets you keep everything, the choices sre many. Recode can compress up to %50 and still give an excellent picture, much better than shrink. You then go to burn in recode, no need to switch programs, be sure to check burn at once and advanced analysis, you need advanced analysis to improve pic quality when compressing. You can backup to your HD or you can burn directly to your media with this method, no need to create a folder. Saves time and space. You will need a folder to work out of, recode will ask you, just follow it's lead and you'll be fine, it's very user friendly.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2004
  5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

dsfii,

I think your mistaken about Nero Recode 2. The software that came with your burner is OEM... If it does have Recode2 it's not the full version. The best way to find out is install DVD43(free) and open Recode 2 and see if it will run.

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

dsfii, one other thing, make sure you download the standalone version of dvd43, not the one that requires patin couffin driver. Hey flip, you might be right, but I just bought a new burner and while I was researching I saw that a lot of them are now being packaged with Nero Ultra 6. Don't know if his is, but just a thought....
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2004
  7. dsfii

dsfii Member

Yes mine did come w/ full Nero Ultra package... I am going to try that today, just skip using Shrink and just use Recode w/ that dvd43 program.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Guarantee you'll like it, I use it a lot, therefore I'm very familiar with it, if you need help just holler. Happy blazing.....