1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with dvd shrink , putting tv episodes onto a dvd

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by goughie8, Feb 10, 2007.

1. goughie8

goughie8 Member

Hello all

I have only just started using DVD shrink.

I have managed to shrink and copy a DVD that a friend lent me. (So I managed to do this ok from putting a disc in the disc drive). I am ok doing it from the actual dvd as I can just go into open disc, the blue button on dvd shrink.

But I have recently started downloading some tv episodes on Utorrent. I am able to watch these in windows media player. I have also used nero to burn these episodes on a disc, but I can only fit 2 episodes on a disc using nero. (Each episode is approx 50 mins long).

I am wanting to put these episodes onto one disc , either 3 or 4 if possible. I am trying to use DVD shrink but it will only let me open DVD discs from my CD-Rom drive. I am confused. I want to shrink these files and then burn them onto a disc so i can fit more than 2 episodes on each disc. I am a beginner really, and need help. How do I shrink these files and then burn them?Any help would be great!!

Thanks..x

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hello.

Here's a guide for episode disks:

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/TheGuides/Making a episode DVD with DVD Shrink.pdf

If your DVD files are stored in a folder on your hard disk, use the Open Files command in Shrink. If the DVD disk is stored as an image file, use the Open Disk Image command under the File menu in Shrink. You TV episodes need to be converted to be DVD compliant before Shrink can use them. It seems you're using NeroVision for this task which is fine. Just save the converted DVD in a hard disk folder as the output in NeroVision and then use the Opeb Files button or the command under the File menu to open them in Shrink and add to your project.