1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by hoppnjoe, Jan 5, 2005.

1. hoppnjoe

hoppnjoe Member

im trying to backup a movie lord of the rings the fellowship of the ring. i keep getting this error.
    ( DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue
    Failed to read file "G:\" Data error (cyclic redundancy check)
    whats going on and how do i fix? thanks for any help

2. marilyn6

marilyn6 Member

on dvd shrink, to do lord of the rings with great quality i used deep analysis. after the quick 2 minute analysis, when u press backup the window pops up and under settings or one of the tabs is a box that says perform deep analysis. it takes longer but gives great quality with these movies. if this doesnt work im sorry and let me know.

3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

hoppnjoe,
    I'll bet there is a scratch or the disk is dirty there. Clean the disk and try again. If it fails then try DVDDecrypter. If that fails at the same spot you have a bad disk. You could set DVDDecrypter to ignore the errors and read through them, then use Shrink to compress

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello hopnjoe, cyclitic redundancy check (crc) means that you have a bad disc. That LOR disc is either dirty,scratched, or a bum disc.

Try cleaning it,it may be fingrprints

You may be able to use dvd decrypter and set it on rip with brute force and ignore all read errors,sometimes that works.

Crc means you have a bad spot/s on that disc. When shrink and most other programs try to analyze or encode,they can't read through that bad spot,therefore it keeps cycling-trying to get through that spot and error's out.Unless you can get it to encode to your hard drive,it won't work.

On the new little black book, I got the same crc error but it was somehow involved in the encryption.I used anydvd and it worked. This has lately occurred on the newer releases. Yours is an old release,therefore probably damaged.

Try cleaning it,dvd decrypter,or take it back for an exchange.

5. hoppnjoe

hoppnjoe Member

thanks for the help im sending it back