1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with DVDLab for a newbie

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by RonnaP, Mar 24, 2005.

1. RonnaP

RonnaP Member

I am trying out DVDLab but I've encountered a problem when I drag the video file into DVDLab it asks to demultiplex the file which I choose yes. Some files it works fine but others its not demultiplexing the entire file - why is this?? Also is this program resource heavy? It seems that after I have used it for just a few minutes my memory goes to nothing.
    Any help at all would be greatly appreciated :)

2. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

Have you tried demuxing with a different program before dragging them into DVDlab? You can do this with TMPGEnc, or something else. I use Xmuxer because it works with ac3 audio.
    As for the slowing down, what are your computer specs? My computer doesn't slow down when I use it.

3. RonnaP

RonnaP Member

Thanks for responding. My comp specs are P4 2.5ghz with 512 ram. I did some researching and downloaded a trial of TMPGEnc and I am trying it now. I'm still learning here ;) It's a bit more time consuming but I think I will like the end product better - thanks again

4. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

Make sure you are using the Demuxer in the MPEG Tools part of TMPGEnc, it shouldn't take too long.