1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with error

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by juice77, Jan 30, 2005.

1. juice77

juice77 Member

i just tried burning a disc with dvd shrink and i have burnt about 50 discs so far,the problem is i started burning a disc and this error showed up DVD SHRINK HAS ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR-OVERLAPPED I/O OPERATION IN PROGRESS. I do not know what this means and is there a solution to fix this??

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Shrink can't burn anything. It can use other programs to burn with, ie Nero and DVD Decrypter.

I think you can disable overlapped I/O in Preferences> File I/O. Try ticking the "Read 32KB blocks" box as well. Does this happen with other movies?

3. juice77

juice77 Member

yes sorry i do use nero.no this is the first time this has happened.i clicked the "read 32 blocks".so i am gonna give it a try again and see what happens

4. juice77

juice77 Member

i just tried burning this disc again and the same error has occured. i do not know what to do

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

First, try it again with a different movie (one that you have recorded before) and see if it will work. If you get an error where previously you were successful then the problem lies in your software or PC.

If this movie works OK then the problem is probably with the movie you are trying to record.

Make sure you try the test with an original movie, not a copy. I would still remove Shrink and re-install it and see if that might solve the problem. Let me know.

One more thing, make sure you are not using your PC for anything else during the process.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  6. juice77

juice77 Member

yeah i tried burning a movie i previously did and it worked fine. so the problem must be with the disk i have now.i am just wondering is there a way to beat this or did i just rent a movie that has something wrong with it???the movie is badder santa if that might help