1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with eurovox max

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by ceire, Mar 31, 2007.

1. ceire

ceire Member

hellO.I JUST BOUGHT EUROVOX MAX AND CAANT GET A LOT OF CHANNELS.THE SPORTS CHANNELS ARE NOT EVEN LISTED AS WELL AS A LOT OF OTHER CHANNELS.WHEN WE FIRST INSTALLED IT THE INSTRUCTIONS TOLD US TO DO A POWER SCAN.WE HAVE ALSO DID AN AUTO SCAN.WE ARE GETTING AROUND 200 CHANNELS WHICH INCLUDE THE MOVIE CHANNELS OND SOME OTHERS BUT MOST ARE RUBBISH.CAN YOU PLEASE HELP US.THANK YOU. ceire

2. bandit1.3

bandit1.3 Member

Hi not sure what country you are in but if you are in the uk and you have notice a lot of channels have gone missing try this you will lose the channels you have saved in your favorites and will have to sort all the channels out again just like when you installed it first . you must go into the menu go to config and clear data it will warn you that you will lose all saved data what this does is reset your box back to its original setup like when you first got it. Now do a power scan and make sure you select full not normal wait for it to finish and you should have all the channels most of the movie channels are pin protected if you look under channel name but if you browes though you will find again some under tvch6 etc plus some you will have to name yourself hope this helps .

3. chantler

chantler Member

hi just got a eurovow max red and i cant get anything just no signal

4. bandit1.3

bandit1.3 Member

Hi go into menu scroll to installation enter pin select power scan yellow button make sure you change it in the box from normal to full press ok after 30.00 min's approx should have pulled in and saved all the chaanels. if still no luck repost.

5. chantler

chantler Member

tried everything still nothing got new splitter still says no signal pic comes on for split sec

6. bandit1.3

bandit1.3 Member

Hi if you are using a splitter and its running off your broadband or original box and you are trying to scan the channels this way when you first try to set up it will not bring in the channels its all to do with signal strength you must connect the box direct to the cable coming into your house. then to your tv once it has downloaded and stored the channels you can connect it up using a splitter make sure its a good one designed for the job just look on ebay lots for sale with leads . if still no luck please give more details of set up .

7. chantler

chantler Member

hi tried that still no joy

8. chantler

chantler Member

hi settings 6952 6887 then yellow button to power scan i get all channels stored but just says no signal or updating code comes on for split sec then goes to the same messages left it on alnight just no joy doin mi head in lol

9. bandit1.3

bandit1.3 Member

Hi go into menu select system information see if settings are the same as mine S/W Ver 1.0 STC4 Mar 15 2007. H/W Ver 2 ot Mar 15 2007 bootstrap v002. plus what part of the uk are you in .

10. chantler

chantler Member

hi same as yours im from bolton

11. chantler

chantler Member

do u think it could faulty box ive had dbox not had prob

12. bandit1.3

bandit1.3 Member

Hi it's looking that way check compare your setting with mine and post reply of them.

13. chantler

chantler Member

hi my settings mode normal start 300.00 stop 870.00 sym rate 6952 sym rate 6887 step 8 after scan example chan 1 322.mhz 6952mbaud qam64ap

14. chantler

chantler Member

hi sorry forget the ap at the end of 64

15. bandit1.3

bandit1.3 Member

Hi have you been incontact with who you purchased it off about a replacement. also did it come in a bluebox or red 2007 . there is another site which deals with cable problems and every other topic you can think of. here's the web site http://www.techwatch.co.uk/
    as i seem to be drawing a blank wish i could have solved your problem
    i have purchase 6 of these box and all have worked perfect so i think you may have a faulty box let me know if you have any luck . all the best . repost if yoy still need help

16. luckyluca

luckyluca Guest

Hi
    I am having similar problems with a 2008 black eurovox.....first off it worked fine, all channels 247...some were slightly glitchy but only slightly. Came home next day channels were all breaking up.....cleared data and retried, still found a similar number of channels but all virtually no picture and flashing to no signal or between no signal and updating code (most channels also called tvch1,2 etc instead of their names)...I have reflashed the box checked the connections nothing helps and virgin have sent a hit and said the signal is full...........I am also in BOLTON!!

17. TAFKABB

TAFKABB Member

Hi. I just bought a new black Eurovox Max 2008 on Ebay. Tried it but doesn't seem to be getting a signal. I'm on NTHell and in Northern Ireland it's only an analogue signal. Is this why I'm getting no signal. It stays at TP:000 and channels don't come on when the scan is over. I tried at both 6952 and 6887. I tried the September firmware but still no joy. I've e-mailed other dealers and they say it should work even with an analogue line and thay maybe I have a faulty box. I have the cable line in the RF input and the SCART lead connected to the box and TV. Can anyone help? It would be greatly appreciated.

18. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

You will need digital in your area in order to get all the channels

19. TAFKABB

TAFKABB Member

many thanks. I was getting info from sellers saying it would still work but had a feeling that an analogue line would mean it wouldn't work properly. Time for a refund methings. Cheers!

20. jimmyoh

jimmyoh Member

yo tafkkb are you in derry? im in belfast the box will work if you want to flog it to me. analogue is switing to digital in derry next year, but can you not get your hands on a special analogue box?