1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Finding an Alternate Soldering Point

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by kumbaya, Jan 16, 2005.

1. kumbaya

kumbaya Member

I just wanted to ask for a little help to look for an alternate soldering point and/or a way to fix the "O" point (based on the Matrix Infinity diagram) on a V12 PS2. During my installation, I severely damaged this copper or gold contact point to the extent where now all I see, I'm guessing, is the epoxy. Is there a way to solder a wire to create a path to go around this?

http://infinitymod.com/matrix/files/chips/Matrix Infinity/V12/USA-V12.JPG

Any help or comment would be greatly appreciated!!

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

you could try following the track and connect it to the other end(the row of connections were "w" is connected)

3. kumbaya

kumbaya Member

Would I need to fix the original connection to "O" - since it looks like circuit is broken without the copper pad.

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i have not had many dealings with the slimline ps2 but from the image you linked to the pad don't appear to be connected to a track on the left hand side, it appears to only be connected to a via to the right of it and to another pad so you should be ok without repairing it

5. kumbaya

kumbaya Member

Thanks, I will give this a try and let you know how it goes!