1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with fitting a new dvd unit

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by tudarck, May 3, 2007.

1. tudarck

tudarck Member

hi,i have an old 360 and think that the dvd unit is on its way out.so im going to purchase a new dvd unit, can anyone help on howto flash my orig bin to new drive, my 360 is flashed already would i just choose orig bin in extreme boot maker and then samread the extreme firmware that is on my 360 now for my key. then change the dvd unit and flash back the file it makes to the new dvd unit,any help would be great.
    ps. ive looked for ages on this subject with no joy.

2. masachist

masachist Member

Well you need to do a few things.

1. Extract your DVD key from your original drive

2. Determine what kinda drive you have, both your old drive and the new replacement drive. (Hitachi, Samsung)

3. Modify your flashing firmware with your original DVDkey then spoof the firmware to your original drive model

4. Flash your new drive with your key+spoofed firmware and your good to go

To spoof and replace the key you need - 360 Firmware Toolbox Ver3 - and for the flashing part I suggest you read over Textbooks guide on 360modDOTnet

3. tudarck

tudarck Member

thanks alot it all sounds technical.is there anywhere with an in depth guide,so i dont go wrong ,and if theres a guide for flashing back my original bin,theres a few things not clear do i have to have the firmware unlock iso,is it 0800 iso for flashing back from 5.2 firmware and also do i need it to flash from 6.2c to 5.2a,sorry i know thats alot of different questions but im trying to take alot in.thanks for any help tudarck