1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with flashing Hitachi drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by swifty74, May 22, 2007.

1. swifty74

swifty74 Member

i have a hitachi drive but cant get it flashed i flashed my samsung with no problems but this hitachi i keep reading people sayin us slax i downloaded and burned the slax cd but dont know what to do from that point on because all they are saying is use slax but nobody is telling me how to use it or what to do with it and i dont know how to get it to help me get into mode B any help would be wonderful

2. TigerHax

TigerHax Member

Chances are, your SATA card that worked for your Samsung won't work with your Hitachi. That was the case for me. Get the Rosewill RC-205, it works great.

To use Slax, when you turn on your PC, at the BIOS, go into Boot Setup, and set your primary boot source to your CD-ROM drive. Then, after it loads into Windows, turn off the PC. Turn on the Xbox and PC at the same time, and stick the Slax CD into the PC as soon as it turns on. It will boot from the disc, put the Hitachi drive into Mode B, and you can hande the rest from there.