1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with flashing ms 28

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Abhi262, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Abhi262

Abhi262 Member

hi, i am new to the xbox 360 scene and i am currently trying to flash my Toshiba Samsung ms28. however, every time when i try to flash it with xtreme firmware 5.2 and type in xread (followed by my serial number), my xbox 360 is not listed. the only things visible are my two IDE cd and dvd drives.

i also used xtreme boot maker (i think it is version V0.5.3 RC1) please help as i really want to make backups of my £50 games

2. Abhi262

Abhi262 Member

just so you know, i used a USB stick (1gb) to boot from into dos when i typed in xread...and got disappointed. also, when in xtreme boot maker, i went into general options, clicked open firmware, opened my firmware (xtreme 5.2) then clicked on apply brokes patch and then checked the use custom controller box. then, i clicked on list SCSI controllers and then selected my PCi sata card which was labelled VIA VT 6421 RAID controller

then i went into the tab called create basic disk, uncheked the box saying i want to flash multiple drives. entered my serial under i the two text boxes. chose the Xtreme 5 X A then chose report as Samsung-TS-H934A-ms28 then under destination drive. chose my USB Stick and then selected the box which said format/make drive bootable and clicked on create disk. then i booted from my USB stick into dos. just so you know (Dunno if it makes a difference)i am running Vista Ultimate

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  3. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

ok, you have mtkflash on your flash drive right? if so type "mtkflash r /m /sata orig.bin" and your drive should show up, if it does then turn the 360 off and press the number for your drive wait 10 seconds and turn it back on, it will dump your orignal firmware to the flash drive, reboot everything and then type "samhack orig.bin [name of your firmware that you want to use] hacked.bin" this will take the key from your original firmware and put it in the new hacked firmware, once you do that then type "mtkflash r /w /sata hacked.bin" when you see your drive listed turn the 360 off and press the number for your drive, wait 10 seconds and turn it back on, and it will flash the drive for you.

hope this helps

4. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

5. Abhi262

Abhi262 Member

i am just trying that and will reply soon hopefully, it would have worked

6. Abhi262

Abhi262 Member

it didn't work...when i typed in mtkflash r /m /sata orig.bin, it said "please wait..." and then after a few seconds said no devices found

7. motomods

motomods Regular member

did you do the 10 sec bad flash method?

8. Abhi262

Abhi262 Member

yes that is what i am trying to do but it seems that my pc does not recognise that the xbox 360 is connected so i can't select it. this means i can't go through the process of turning off my xbox 360, then selecting the drive, waiting for 10 seconds and then turning my xbox back on

9. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

When i do mine it doesnt come up with a choice of drives to pick, i type in the mtkflash w /m /sata X52C and hit return, It then went to the port : 9000 master/slave: a0 screen, i turned off my 360, left for the ten seconds and turned it back on and it started flashing it with out me selecting anything. This may be because i had nothing else connected up, i'm not to sure.

Also, try leaving the sata cable unplugged from your xbox until your pc has booted to dos then plug it in.

10. ShepPSP

ShepPSP Member

You need VIA chipset to flash ms28's

You can't do it with onboard sata connections.

11. Abhi262

Abhi262 Member

i have a via chipset. i have a sata pci card and is a via vt 6421A

12. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS, this is wrong, you can very well flash with onboard sata. I have onboard and can flash all drives that are flashable right now so this is very wrong.

13. Abhi262

Abhi262 Member

i also tried to plug in the SATA cable while i was in dos but it still didn't see anything

14. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Ok, make sure you're using the correct sata port. The one labeled SATA1 is on the inside of the PC, the furthest away from the screw that holds the PCI card in place.
    Turn off everything
    Power on the 360 with it hooked into the SATA1 port on the VIA
    Turn on the PC and boot to dos with the bootdisk
    type mtkflash r /m /sata orig.bin
    Turn off 360
    Select Xtreme Primary
    count to 10-15
    turn the 360 back on and it should dump your original.

Do the same thing when writing back hacked firmware
    mtkflash w /m /sata x52x.bin

15. Abhi262

Abhi262 Member

this might work, let me try as i had my xbox connected in a different port

16. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

ahaaa, its always handy to have it plugged in the master port :)
    Any luck?

17. Abhi262

Abhi262 Member

yes thankyou shinnster for your help, it worked!!! it found my drive after i connected the 360 into the first port. thankyou so much and everyone else who helped

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007