1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with flashing my Spider Chip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by DANAD, Dec 29, 2004.

1. sunce

sunce Member

yeah i heard that many people were having problems with the spider chip. you would have to do additional work and stuff. i almost bought it but im glad i dodged a bullet. yes you can softmod but its just a pain gathering all the programs and items. but i have managed to collect them all :) just waiting on a crossover cable from my friend. i hear windows xp is the best for soft mods. anyhow if you are getting a chip i do highly reccomend on xenium or xecutor(the solder kind)its just my opinion though. look up their websites and they will direct you to official retailers that you can trust. i hope i can help you guys out some here. trying to help back because a lot of ppl has helped me. any more questions then feel free to ask me. :)

2. bagong

bagong Member

i dont know what is the softmod look like... how can i get one? IN my case what should i do then.....can u give the step Where should I do wiht my spider chip.....oh man, if i knew it, I wouldnt buy this coward chip.... really pain in the butt.. LOL......it just waste my time.

3. sunce

sunce Member

i cant remember what you needed but ill look up to see what you can do. softmod should be easy to do. dont need a chip at all.

4. bagong

bagong Member

THX very much man, I very appreciate it

5. HaloSnipa

HaloSnipa Member

thanks, and about those websites for xenium what are they?

6. sunce

sunce Member

7. sunce

sunce Member

they should have the xeniums. those sites are the official retailers of xenium.

8. bagong

bagong Member

hi sunce, do u know what should i do wiht my spider chip how to fix it? I pay like 50 bucks for that ... i dont want to throw it away....

9. sunce

sunce Member

give me a little time to look it up and see what i can do.

10. bagong

bagong Member

man, YOU ARE AMAZING GUY EVER... THANK U
    coz i will spent my time during the weekend wiht this F*** chip....

11. ValisX

ValisX Member

Looks like I'm having the same issue with flashing the bios. This damn machine just doesn't like my media. I've tried TDK CDRW, Memorex CDRW, and even FUJI DVDRW. None of them work. Tried using my Toshiba, Sony, and Philips burners. Sometimes I get the normal error of no bios found that SpiderChip mentions, other times I get that problem of it just not really doing anything and ejecting the tray after a while. Chip is installed properly and got the blue light and the crom bios screen. Anyone who actually got this thing to work wanna post what brands they used? Or hell, I'm one step from offering money to buy someone's working media with the bios on it.

Chip: Spiderchip 1.0
    XboxVersion: 1.6
    Bios: m8plus_16.bin

12. bagong

bagong Member

so, if just fraging..,,when the chip on my xbox is not working at all.... just frag( green n red light). While it is off, it works like the original xbox. if i want to make my spider chip working what should i do then?....coz i dont see any bios no more.

13. bagong

bagong Member

hey guys do u know what kind of mod that could play PAL/NTSC ?

14. HeLLSaTaN

HeLLSaTaN Member

lol i was thinking the same thing ValisX. I've tryed a few cdrw/cdrs/dvdr and nada. ne1 wanna sell me a working 1? cuz im tired of wasting cds and i dont wanna go buy packs of different cdrws and try them all just 2 flash my chip... So much hasle just 2 mod xbox o_O

Chip: Spiderchip 1.1
    XboxVersion: 1.6
    Bios: m8plus_16.bin

15. warlox

warlox Guest

ok. i also have thif f'd up spider chip. version 1.1. can't flash the bios to save my life. 2 days on this shizz. after figuring out that the wire connections are wrong according to the directions on the site. i can at least pull up the flash bios-blah blah blah. since it can't read cdrw's for what ever reason. can you unlock the hard drive and FTP the files to the drive and then read it from the hard drive (including the dash board) then have it relock the drive?

this is a theory...help guyz.

warlox

16. warlox

warlox Guest

or...unlock the drive and put it in my computer and load the files to the drive? then put it back in the xbox AND DO IT THIS WAY?'

p.s. if i wanted to only see pretty blue lights, i would knock off a bank and wait for the cops!!

17. Reliq

Reliq Member

Yea, thats what I did, its alot easier, just make sure you have the right bios for you xbox version.

Remember though, flashing that chip will not make any visual difference, all it will do is put the little pink Evox logo in the upper corner of the MS XBOX logo screen. The MS Dash will still come up and work the same...although now it will read backups, which is a prime opportunity to just throw in an Autoinstaller. I reccomend Slayers.

Then you are good to go.

DO NOT TRY TO UPDATE YOUR BIOS!!!
    Once you get it working, leave it!
    Its very picky about the BIOS it wants. M8Plus_16 for v1.6x, and M8Plus for 1.0 - 1.5.

18. warlox

warlox Guest

how did you unlock your drive. i can't do it...arrrrghh!!!

19. Reliq

Reliq Member

You know, I wrote a Tutorial for this, but apparently they dont accept tutorials from "Noobs" at xbox-scene.

HAHA, I have been modding since the friggin SegaCD, I dont wanna hear noob shit.

Here's the method I use to hotswap. I've found this to work the best for me.

1. Open the Xbox and set it close to the PC. Plug it in.
    2. Open the PC and make sure an IDE cable is free and can reach the Xbox HD.
    3. Turn on the PC.
    4. Before the PC BIOS looks for hard drives, hit the Pause/Break key. It should pause.
    5. If you are planning to use xboxhdm, insert the CD to your PC CD-ROM drive. (Make sure you haven't unplugged the IDE cable to your CD-ROM drive!)
    6. Turn on the Xbox.
    7a. When the MS logo appears under the big X, remove the Xbox IDE cable and quickly plug in the PC IDE cable.
    7b. If the MS logo doesn't appear, then swap just before the error screen shows up instead.
    8. Hit space bar to continue booting the PC. If it takes a long time to boot (several minutes), then the HD has not been unlocked.

Here's the method I use for hotswapping while in Windows. I've only tried it in XP.

1. Open the Xbox and set it close to the PC. Plug it in.
    2. Open the PC and make sure an IDE cable is free and can reach the Xbox HD.
    3. Turn on th PC and start up Windows.
    4. Turn on the Xbox.
    5a. When the MS logo appears under the big X, remove the Xbox IDE cable and quickly plug in the PC IDE cable.
    5b. If the MS logo doesn't appear, then swap just before the error screen shows up instead.
    6. Go to Device Manager (Control Panel -> System -> Hardware tab -> Device Manager) and go to Action -> Scan for hardware changes. If it takes a long time to detect (several minutes), then the HD has not been unlocked

20. Troa

Troa Member

If you are having problems flashing a bios, I found what helped me was changing the hard drive. Either change it back to the original Xbox HDD or try putting a new one in, which ever is needed in your situation.