1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with funny minded ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by aslamraja, Jan 24, 2005.

1. aslamraja

aslamraja Member

Hi im looking at my mate ps2 and this problem is beyond me. everything boots fine but nothing seems to load that is past 3 gigs or so with originals also. he is playing isspro 2003 (3 gigs) and it loads ok then misses the viedo sequence and then gets stuck on the loading section there. Ive tried a gta sa and it get stuck after the video sequence when the pictures come up while loading. It gets stuck aroung 80% mark whereas these definatly work on mine. (there orig with no scratches) I tried cleaning the laser checking the arm is on the cog propely, cleaning the cog and that the laser bay goes all the way to the top. i have even tried to adjust the laser etc. This ps2 is not modded and i aing got a clue what the situation is? also i posted this yesterday and it was closed? y i need help!!!!! thanks in advance.

2. aslamraja

aslamraja Member

Help people with great minds help!!!!!! this is a cry for help.....

3. Gazcoigne

Gazcoigne Regular member

as you can see the laser is near the edge of the disc after 3 gigs, so it is most likely a tracking problem.

what version ps2 is it? you will need to adjust the parallel trac cog (white ones above laser track).

on earlier models there is one cog in the middle and in later ones there are two. turn these clockwise to raise the track slightly. turn it by one click and try to boot games again. repeat this every click until it works. one click really can make a huge difference its unbelievable how exact it is.