1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with game save & Action Replay (Brisbane, AUS)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by jb55, Oct 17, 2007.

1. jb55

jb55 Member

Hi,
    I have recently converted my xbox controller into a PC controller by swapping the xbox male connecter
    for a male usb connecter. In the hope of using Action Replay to transfer game saves (splinter cell exploit mainly)
    from my PC to my xbox so I can mod it. I have all the software and drivers necessary, my PC recognises the controller
    as a USB device and it can install the drivers. However when I start AR and insert my memory card the green logo flashes
    a few time and then stays greyed out not allowing me to transfer the save. I have read nearly every tutorial on the net
    (very much all the same) and tried different drives all to no avail.

My questions are;
    1: Is there something simple I'm missing here (because AR flashes green temporarily) I'm thinking it looks at it then drops out? or
    2: Is there anyone in Brisbane that would be kind enough to help me out by putting the game save on my memory card for me?

Sorry if this post is in the wrong area, feel free to move it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. cheers jb

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Easiest way is to use an already modded Xbox and FTP it!

3. jb55

jb55 Member

Thanks chunkhead. I knew it was possible that way but I don't know anyone with a modded xbox
    that could help me out other than someone who does it for a job. Paying the $ isn't an
    issue it's just the whole "doing the mod yourself" thing! I want to do it myself so later
    if something plays up I have a better chance of understanding and fixing it myself.
    Anyway I might just pay someone and be done with it. If anyone knows of someone in
    Brisbane Australia that could mod it, plus xbmc aswell that would be sweet.

Thanks again, jb.

4. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

It only takes 10 minutes to softmod. Why spend money if its something you can do yourself, besides its fun. If your going to pay, buy a modchip. When windows asks for drivers, install the AR drivers instead of the generic usb controller.

5. jb55

jb55 Member

Thanks locobrown, that's what I think too. The amount of time I have put into it I would have been better off
    paying someone right from the start. Then I'd have a working media centre and be done with it. I have tried
    loading drivers from the AR installation folder but it still won't see the memory card. All I'm getting is
    a flashing green AR symbol then it stays greyed out.
    Doing my freakin' head in. jb

6. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

You must be doing something wrong because it should detect it. Click on chunkhead's sig, read Do I need an "Action Replay" to softmod? Click the links and follow what they say.

As your last resort you can buy action replay.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  7. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

I have sent you a PM, check you inbox!

I'll sort you out!

8. jb55

jb55 Member

Locobrown that was one of the "how to's" I used. Along with just about all the others on the net.
    They're all very similar. I keep on getting the same result. Thx anyway buddy.

Thanks heaps to Chuckhead for helping me out. I'm looking forward to finally modding my box after a lot
    late frustrating nights. Chunkhead deserves a medal for all the help he provides on this forum.
    Absolute freakin legend. Keep up the good work dude. Thanks again, peace out, jb.