1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Genesis emulator (AR MAX EVO)

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by new_2_ps2, Jun 23, 2007.

1. new_2_ps2

new_2_ps2 Member

Hey, I am new to the PS2 and would like to play my old Genesis games on the PS2 but cannot get them to work.

I have the following:
    - Slim PS2 (unmodified)
    - Action Replay Max EVO
    - Nero 7

I have tried the burning ROMS with MAX Media Creator but it doesn't recognize my burner, so I created the .cue image file that I burnt with Nero. (not sure if this is what it is supposed to create or not, but it created what looks like an audio CD with 2 audio tracks).

I am not sure exactly when I am supposed to swap out the AR disc for my burnt disc (I have tried various points)

I have downloaded the latest version of MAX Media Creator in hopes of it recognizing my cd drive.

I have tried just sticking the ROM file (.bin or .smd) along with the autoexec.elf file directly on a disc.

I have tried a couple of different ROMS.

I assume there is a simple way to get this to work as it is a feature of AR advertised on the box.

Please help, I have spent a few hours on the forums and cannot seem to find any help!

2. Xomby

Xomby Regular member

what exactly does it say on the box?

as far as i know, any AR product is NOT a replacement for a mod chip or a swap disc, which is what you will need to play copies [edit] or homebrew applications[/edit] without potentially harming your ps2.

also, it should not be burnt as an audio CD, but as some form of data cd.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2007