1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with getting an Emulator onto your Xbox..

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Tharizdun, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Tharizdun

Tharizdun Member

Alright so I have a Soft modded xbox, and i'm using UnleashX. And I really need help with everything that I need to do to get this done. I downloaded an SNES emulator a while ago but I have no idea how to get it from my computer to my Xbox. I read somewhere that I could use my ethernet cord if I used it through my hub? But also there is a cable I could get that would be easier than the ethernet I guess. But if I could get any help at all I would appreciate it greatly.

IF you have MSN add me to discuss if you want.

F_A_T_N_E_S_S_@hotmail.com

Tharizdun

2. skater10

skater10 Guest

im not sure with your modchip but you can find out what you ip address is and make a ftp connection between your computer and xbox and find what folder emulators are in and just drag and drop it into the emulators folder

3. steimy

steimy Active member

the method you described is called FTP (File Transfer Protocall) and yes you can do that. You need a CAT5 crossover cable, and you need an FTP program like FlashFXP, CuteFTP, WS_FTP Pro or other. Then you need to read a bunch of tutorials and learn how to network the Xbox and PC so that they can communicate. You will want to do this anyway because then you will be able to transfer files, stream music and movies from the PC to the Xbox, Listen to Shoutcast internat radio, and easily update your programs when needed.

another way would be to just search the download sites for discs called BAED (big a$$ emulator disc). there are a few of them but as the xbox gets more outdated they get harder to find. I know i have at least 3 of them. those have a bunch of emulators and roms on them and you burn them to DVD and play them right off the disc.