1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with hard drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by SYNFB, May 29, 2007.

1. SYNFB

SYNFB Member

Right, so I want to exchange the 10gb hard drive that is currently in my xbox with a 20gb hard drive. I know it is not as impressive as the 100gb drives people are putting in but I just need a little more space is all.

I am not sure how to format the 20gb so that it works for my xbox.

I soft modded my xbox using the linux in mech warrior assault and have unleash x on it, but I want to transfer everything from the current hard drive to the new one without loosing everything I have done to it and without re-modding the xbox.
    Is there any way I can do that?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

http://www.teammodders.com/forum/using-xboxhdm-to-build-an-xbox-hard-drive-t87.html

that is what you need to do. I would go much bigger than a 20GB drive really. Once you see how nice it is to have all your games stored and played from the hard drive you will use up 20GB in no time at all. Once they are on the hard drive you can use IGR (In Game Reset) and switch from game to game without having to leave your seat. I personally have a 300GB in mine.

Make sure you back everything up to your PC via FTP before doing this, and keep a copy of at least the EEPROM folder on your PC at all times.