1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with HITCH

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kzar, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glp

glp Member

i used dvddecrypter and dvdcopy3. the backup stopped about 1 hr 40 in. this has happened on my last 3 backups. any suggestions? thx.

2. Wolffpack

Wolffpack Member

[bold]skidme[/bold]...you are correct. Same worked fine for me. I really con't understand why folks don't use DVDDecrypter and DVDShrink?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2005
  3. H0bbes

H0bbes Member

Used 2 ways to burn Hitch- first with AnyDVD 5.2.6.1 combined with DVD Shrink, second by ripping with DVD Decrypter, then shrinking with CloneDVD 2, v.2.8.4.1. All latest versions, BTW. As many have found out or read already, AnyDVD recognizes & removes Arrcos protection, and DVD Decrypter will fill in bad sectors. Note that Shrink will NOT work alone- it stops at 13%. I did have some trouble using AnyDVD & CloneDVD together, don't know why tho...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2005
  4. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

I did have some trouble using AnyDVD & CloneDVD together, don't know why tho.
    u said it yourself, you need two programs, one to remove ARccOSS and the other to fill bad sectors. so anydvd and decrypter because clonedvd can't handle bad sectors. to do my copy i used dvd43 free in the backgroung and 1clickdvd copy that handles the bad sectors just fine.

5. christ93

christ93 Regular member

I used DVDDecrypter and DVD Shrink with NO problems. DVDDdecrypter reported 9 suspect areas and inserted 2 sets of dummy sectors. Plays fine.

6. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

I had no issues with Hitch...used decryptor on my laptop to back up. Used shrink to analyse it and take out some audio tracks and got a 100 % compression rate. Then I burned the disk. I think there is a lot of bad pressings out there. Maybe they are using various different versions of ARcos??

7. khufu12

khufu12 Member

To all Afterdawn members who are having problems with copying "Hitch" here is the recipe using "DVD Decrypter" and "DVD Shrink". This copy can be done using the advance user functions that follow.
    [bold]PROBLEM:[/bold] Movie does not play because there is a blank frame that is created at the begining of the movie using the normal decryption and burn process for "DVD Decrypter" and "DVD Shrink".
    [bold]SOLUTION:[/bold] DVD Decrypter - (1) Go into File Mode select all dvd files by highlighting all files using the ctrl key and click on the decrypt icon. DVD Shrink - (1) Open File and select folder where decrypted dvd files are located. (2) Click on the Re-Author icon in the tool bar. (3) Select Main Movie by clicking on "Title 1" and drag under "DVD Structure". (4) Click on "Set Start/End Frames" icon that looks like to arrows going in opposite directions in the toolbar. (5) Click on right arrow button for start frame section until you see the first frame of the movie and click on the OK button. (6) Click on the "Compression Settings" tab and uncheck "2. AC3 2-ch French" and "2. French". (7) Click Backup icon on tool bar. (8) Burn ISO file using "DVD Decrypter" as normal.

Moreover, to all AfterDawn members this is how you share information you must be detail and specific. So, other members can save time and money by not creating to many dead coasters.

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Well, wasn't that a snotty thing to say. Sounds to me like you're suggesting we don't know how to help folks around here. Anything else we're doing that's not up to your standards?

9. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

I agree with Neph....

10. darth71

darth71 Member

me too..If you cant play nice, dont play at all....LOL

11. skidme

skidme Guest

Look at my post and then look at khufus. They're the same thing. Khufu i dont mean to sound angry, but please stop being redundant...

12. shark29

shark29 Member

I have the same problem as seanzy. Using DVDD 3.5.4 as well as the newest version of AnyDVD, Decrypter always hangs on VTS_01_4.VOB and cannot go past it. I even uninstalled the programs and reinstalled them - same thing happened. I have tried both my DVD-ROM and burner with the same results. I was beginning to think it was the disc itself when I see how many people have been able to burn it using only Decrypter, but then I saw seanzy had the same issue.

13. gamename

gamename Regular member

it could be the original disc ive got a few of these in the last 4mos or so. what error does dvd decrypter give?

14. DVDMIKE1

DVDMIKE1 Guest

HEY MUCHO YOU SAY YOU HAVE A DAUGHTER AND SHE NEVER GOT INTO SOMTHING SHE WAS NOT SPOSE TO IF YOUR ANSURE IS NO THEN YOUR A LIER I HAVE 3 KID'S A 2 YEAR OLD A 4 YEAR OLD AND A 7 TEAR OLD AND THEY GET INTO EVERYTHING SO TO COMMENT ABOUT BACKING UP A DVD THE FIRST DAY YOU GET IT YOUR STUPID!
    WITH THAT SAID TO ANYONE THAT HAS KID'S IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO BACK UP DVD'S THE FIRST DAY YOU GET THEM.

15. Nephilim

DVDMIKE1

Chill out man. There's no need for calling names or using all caps.

16. megabyte2

megabyte2 Guest

Oh my god DVDmike learn to use lower case and for gods sake get a spell checker you look stupid with your grammer. I simply couldnot take your arguement seriously with such childish grammer.

17. Nephilim

Geez!

Everyone take a deep breath and before your next post look at the picture and ask yourself - "What would the mudpuppies do?"

[​IMG]

18. DVDMIKE1

DVDMIKE1 Guest

Well to tell you the truth I can't spell very well because I only went to Jr. high you don't know who the hell I am and I can careless who you are but the fact is still the same if you have kids back up your dvd's the first day you get them, kids get into everything I'v los over 100 dvd due to my kid's you can't watch there every move and if you think you can you need help.
    plus it's not nice to make fun of people that don't have much of an education it's people like you that bad things happen to karma is a [FOUL LANGUAGE REMOVED]!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2005
  19. DVDMIKE1

DVDMIKE1 Guest

Nephilim what gives I say stupid and I get ragged on by you but Megabyte2 say's stupid and you don't tell that member nothing
    I smell favortism.

20. Nephilim

I smell a banning if you keep copping an attitude with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.