1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with hp pavilion 471uk please

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by WullieM, Apr 21, 2007.

1. WullieM

WullieM Member

Hi guys your help plz, my sister has a hp pavilion 471uk. It needed reformatted so my niece put in a system restore disc from another comp cos she never had an hp disc & has now messed it up. It comes onto a black screen & says boot disc failure. She has tried to get an hp system recovery disc without success. She's in scotland & i'm in ireland & she's on the phone constantly expecting me to solve her problem but I don't know what to tell her. She says the hard drive is not dead so any ideas plz guys would be greatly appreciated of if anyone knows where to get the disc from as it seems hp don't do it anymore as the comp is quite old.

2. ffg7

ffg7 Regular member

3. WullieM

WullieM Member

She can press F1 oR F10 to get into the bios settings but thats about it except the black screen where it says boot disc failure & asks for the system recovery disc to be inserted. Where can she get a working copy of windows xp please. Thanks for your reply earlier ffg7.

4. ffg7

ffg7 Regular member

will have to buy it or get by other means.

5. mrsp

mrsp Member