1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with info

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Marcoabc, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Marcoabc

Marcoabc Member

A relation of mine is traveling to Orlando, Florida in two weeks and I have asked him to pick up a dvd burner for me as here in Ireland there a rip about $450. My question is and this my be against forum rules but what retail outlet would he be best advised to visit and what ballpark figure should he be looking and also what model willing to spend about $250. Cheers

2. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

3. KevSan

KevSan Member

You can try the web-sites for Best Buy or Circuit City. They have outlets all over the US and prices are usually pretty competetive (better than over here (Europe)anyway. )

4. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

I actually checked them out last night for you. I wasn't impressed with their selection. They didn't have any Pioneer burners. They had some generic crap and they had the new Sony which handles =/- media but its $400= US dollars.

Did you check out any of the electronic stores in the link I sent? I'm actually from the Northeast so I'm not familiar with the area.

Are you interested in a +RW or a -RW? I can do a bit more research for you maybe hook you up with a few more links.

5. KevSan

KevSan Member

6. Marcoabc

Marcoabc Member

Thanks for your help guys got a tip off from a mate of mine about this German company selling the pioneer A05 for 289Eur which is pretty good and I think it's a safer bet to pick it up myself. My relations aren't very tech minded and god knows what they could be bamboozeld into buying when they arrive over there. Cheers