1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with ISO please!!!!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by pnmiller, Jun 23, 2007.

1. pnmiller

pnmiller Guest

When I download a torrent like a .rar I cannot extract the .iso onto my Western Digital MyBook. It alway says that the file size is to big and I don't have enough space, but I have 300 GB left on it. I can't even copy the .iso into the external harddrive. Any suggestions? this is really frustrating

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Is the hard disk formatted with FAT32? If it is, FAT32 cannot accept files larger than 4GB. If that's the case, move the data off somewhere and reformat the drive with NTFS then put the stuff back. If it isn't, check your write permissions for the drive.

3. pnmiller

pnmiller Guest

How do you reformat a Western Digital MyBook to a NTFS? Or where can I find instructions on how to do that? Because it is currently formatted as a FAT32. Thanks for the help

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

That's probably your issue then. Firstly, backup all your data to another drive or DVDs (because reformatting the drive will wipe it clean) then go to Start->Run and type diskmgmt.msc
    Right click on your mybook in the list of drives you see and go 'Format' then make sure you select NTFS and that the box 'Quick Format' is ticked.