1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with JTAG, been out of the scene for a while

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by gcooldude, Jan 17, 2012.

1. gcooldude

gcooldude Regular member

Hey, I've got a few questions here. I've been out of the JTAG and modding scene for a while now and getting back into it. I have two consoles, JTAG and banned console. MY banned console is BENQ, is there latest update for the firmware? For my JTAG, do I need to update it to play new games off of a external HDD? I know you have to remove the SystemUpdate folder. I think thats all the questions I have at the moment.

2. HomerV

HomerV Member

The latest update for the BenQs is LT+3.0 I believe. As for your JTAG box, simply removing the update folder will not get rid of the requirement for your box needing to be updated before you play the game. There is a program called "Flash360" that will allow you to update your JTAG to whatever dash update you need to go to. Also, if you can find it, there are patched "default.xex" (This is the executable file that a game loads from) out their for certain games. If you replace the original with them, it will bypass the update requirements.

3. monkeybutt852

monkeybutt852 Member

when i start up my jtag it takes me to a blue screen with a lott of numbers and letters what should i do to get to the dash again

4. monkeybutt852

monkeybutt852 Member

when i start up my jtag it takes me to a blue screen with a lott of numbers and letters what should i do to get to the dash again

5. bgareballer

bgareballer Member

if your jtag is only booting to xell you might need to flash the nand again with a fresh copy of the nand

6. gnoby

gnoby Regular member

you can use the new autoGG to create the newest update for your jtag:
    Link
    *if you're having trouble getting the download from the translated page here it is:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?rpz3i6w2pgfyg4d

and use flash360 on your jtag to install the update

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012